MnK on Console and the State of Hitscan

The usage of Mouse and Keyboard on console needs to be taken seriously. It is cheating, and players who are doing it aren’t getting punished. One thing people don’t understand about using MnK on console is that it keeps aim assist. What does this mean? It means players who use MnK are not only cheating, but using MnK WITH aim assist. I’m talking about mccree players not missing ANY shots, absolutely RUNNING games by themselves. With a mercy pocket on top of that, they are untouchable. The only way to counter them is to play heroes that one shot. Doom is out of the picture because you have to get close to them. So the DPS meta is double hitscan, EVERY, SINGLE, GAME…

This leads me to the next problem. HITSCAN
Hitscan by itself is a very strong role. But in the hands of the players who use MnK. It makes playing any other DPS but hitscan unplayable. If you don’t main hitscan, you lose. It’s that simple. The only other heroes that can work are tracer and echo. But playing those two is still a struggle. There is no point in playing projectile because hitscan is just better. Mccree needs his flashbang nerfed and needs to shoot slower. Ashe’s knockback shot needs to do only one or the other. It only knocks people back or it only knocks her back.

Here’s what needs to happen.
Hitscan’s effectiveness needs to get nerfed
or
Blizzard cracks down on the usage of MnK on console.

5 Likes

I had no idea M&KB users on console could still use aim assist. That makes this whole, “Using KB&M on console is considered cheating,” a much bigger problem than I realized.

4 Likes

At this point, I don’t even bother playing dps in competitive. Running into a hitscan using MnK on console when I’m using controller is so frustrating. It’s just an instant loss.

6 Likes

It’s one of the worst feelings in the world when you’re playing against a > level 50 account and they’re popping off headshots with McCree with their insane sensitivity as you watch the kill feed. You can just tell they’re either A) a smurf or B) using MnK (or both)

1 Like

Yeah, I mean people think aiming on console with sticks is comparable to m&k without it but realistically, it’s night and day, at least around gold. Personally, even with being far more ambitious with my shots on PC, my accuracies are usually ~20% higher on PC with characters like Ana and McCree. I only started playing anything on M&K about 3 months ago after having spent the better part of 10 years away from M&K shooters (though I did play a lot when I was younger). You definitely have far more safety entering sight lines when the DPS are on controller and the game plays differently because of that.

In short, M&K on console is definitely cheating IMO, even if aim assist wasn’t involved but even more so considering it can be turned on/off and adjusted on console.

it’s just what happens when you can’t afford a pc but still wanna go pro

Ummm how can u when I plug my mnk on console when I try it says please reconnect controller blah blah blah but I can’t so idk how they r doing it I think they legit have high sens w/lower aim smoothing which raises the sens A LOT

They use a mnk converter, so the console see your mnk as controller…This thing is very nasty, and people was abusing it on pc, so thats why they removed controller aim assist on PC overwatch…converter abuse also happens in other games like cod, it even had macros built in like recoil control and rapid fire…I dont think blizzard can do anything to them, since console cannot detect converter, I think the only option is to open native kbm support on consoles(both ps and xbox already support)

1 Like

It is cheating but hitscan aren’t as strong as you make them out to be. Quit nerfing hitscan because of mercy pocketing. Hitscans without mercy aren’t that good.

1 Like

Totally agree, especially widow after 175hp nerf…She is still strong with mercy pocket, but much worse without. They really need to nerf mercy pocket instead of nerfing heros directly.

1 Like

That annoying asf. Ok now that makes sense why ppl can have that high sens on console lmao

People don’t realize that using mouse and keyboard with a xim is nowhere near the same as mouse and keyboard on PC. Your are limited to the limits of a controller. MnK on PC is still superior to xim MnK with aim assist. By alot. Aim assist honestly makes it worse.

That being said true mouse and keyboard support needs to come to console. Crossplay and separation of players by input type. We are behind so many other games on this, its honestly a joke.

2 Likes

I agree with this, but it is more accurate than a controller. Native support on consoles, and separation by input would help quite a bit. Also complete crossplay. The only people who have anything to lose are those using XIM’s to cheat currently… they may still cheat, but if they get caught… it just proves they’re bad with a mouse and keyboard overall. IMO.

1 Like

Its interesting to see these responses, I never suggested nerf mercy damage boost because blizzard will never nerf mercy. Mercy favoritism is a whole other problem with this game too lol.

Its hard for them to stop even if they wanted to. No game has successfully banned MK adaptors on consoles.

Fortnite gave it a try, but they had to let it go when their fix also banned official sony hardware(which isnt allowed)

1 Like