MMR-SR reset Idea

What if we have an MMR reset for this mode every season (like in R6 or other games) and the OW team change the SR calculation formulas prioritizing Individual performance over team performance.

This way if you are really good in your role, it doesnt matter if your other teammates perform poorly, or if they are throwing. You should win SR even if you lose (if you had an incredible performance).
If you had an ok performance and win the match you win a little SR, if you win and have a poor performance you could lose some points. Throwers or leavers should get a massive lose too.

That means you should be in your rank in 3 or 4 matches (thats why we have placements).

At first would be weird but this way everyone should be in their correct rank in a week or less.

I know this is a Team Game but its frustating that in lower ranks its almost mandatory to carry your team to win some SR. If you don’t carry, or if your team its so bad, you lose a game, lose SR and not climb any SR and be stuck forever.

I dont know if you get the idea. Excuse my bad english

There will be no reset. Blizzard recently did an MMR reset for their internal test server, and it went about as badly as expected (00:15:40).

See Jeff Kaplan and Seagull discuss in the interview found here:

Climbing out of Bronze doesn’t need an MMR reset. I just wrote up my thoughts about my climb from Bronze to Gold over 2 seasons after being stuck there for a number of seasons.

I don’t want to deal with boosted people every season. Right now I see my other tank plays like silver and got placed in diamond. Because matchmaking.