MMR Should Be Reset and Maxed

Max placement should be low diamond, mmr should be reset.

The competitive scene has been garbage for years and years, filled with ults, boosting, cheating, imbalanced teams due to the above or other reasons.

Keep the MMR to some extent but max it out. Something like silver->diamond.

Don’t pretend someone who is GM now is better than someone smurfing in gold or silver. Or that it matters given the game has been full of leavers, smurfers and is essentially non-competitive for 4+ years.

3 Likes

thats a strange take.

3 Likes

MMR shouldn’t exist. Base it off SR. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

3 Likes

I mean it already is that if you’ve never placed before. Otherwise you can’t even place GM, so there’s no reason to change it.

1 Like

Nah, keep the same mmr and everyone starts in bronze at the bottom. Starts at bronze every season that should give you a sense of progression.

3 Likes

Don’t put this terrible idea into the universe.

2 Likes

Too late. Works for other games which have full transparency on how to gain/lose sr…in these other team based games you can lose the game and still gain sr based on performance. Imagine that.

2 Likes

Yes, instead of just some people being misplaced, now everyone is misplaced. Its about equality.

I’m hoping that a lot of alt accounts are going to get forgotten about moving over to OW2. With the SMS stuff and accounts being a lot higher value both in time and money, I think people will stick to their mains.

At the very least I hope it won’t be leaver or thrower every other match in gold. For a long time now in OW1 you’ve needed to win 70%+ of your genuine matches to have any hope of climbing.

They should start everyone in GM. Trial by fire!

1 Like

I’d agree with this take if seasons weren’t 2 months long. Only way it would make sense is if they lasted a year like in League.

Love this idea :bulb: :clap: :heart:

Examples of the Competitive FPS games?

Gears of war. I know other games use it but gears is the only one I’ve played.

Does valorant or apex have something like this?

Both games are still VERY team reliant, the only way you end up slightly negative or close to 0 loss in these games when the is a loss (in apex not breaking top 10 teams alive in a match) is to have HUGE INSANE stats, which is rare but helps a bit with progress.

OW does a bit similar, but where the match result is the MOST important aspect, if you lose but had great stats, you will lose less, and win more on a win.

Just Gears of War then. 100% transparency and the possibility of breaking even or chance (however slight) of gaining sr from a loss. Why not give moral players a chance when toxic players quit?

Hell, just plan transparency on how it works and what each role can do to optimize gain and minimize loss…this would shut down the sr gripe. Educated concrete Explanation from a dev.

There’s zero transparency and consistency in OW sr loss/gain including placement matches. I dont want to bump heads with anyone so this is just imo. :slight_smile: