MMR reset please

So I love role queue, it’s a great addition to the game. There is one problem that I have and that’s people being at the same SR that they were before the new update. So I was playing earlier tonight and I am a low to mid plat player as a tank and support. I was doing my job as I should be but I was losing every game. I’m not trying to sound cliche but I was doing my job to the best of my ability. My DPS however were getting no picks and had bad positioning and no call outs, which leads me to believe that the SR that these people play at is not that of which I play at. I think this is caused by the SR they had before the update and them playing roles they didn’t before meaning they are not at the same skill tier as I am when I play my main roles. My suggestion to solve this problem would to do a full MMR reset making it easier to properly judge a players true Skill Rating. Please let me know your feedback and thanks for taking the time to read this.

3 Likes

Agreed. They should reset if theyre redoing cimp play

3 Likes

I placed way too high on dps and I am a support main and that is not fair for any team at that rank.

3 Likes

MMR reset would mean you would not only be getting MORE lower SR people on your team, but then you’d also have the potential of getting GM players on the enemy team. It’d be like that for months until everything leveled out again, and even when it did, you’d have those people in high GM who got carried there by the actual GM players forced to play at 0 MMR like everyone else. So in the end the system would be as it is now but with a month or two of AWFUL games at first.

An MMR reset will not do what you think it will. TBH I think they may have already done a soft reset for role queue, that’s why every one is having such terrible matchmaking right now.

Here’s a visual:

+3 ---- [pro OWL player]
+2
+1
0 ----- [gold/plat player]
-3 ---- [bronze player]

—MMR RESET—

+3
+2
+1
0 ----- [gold/plat player] [bronze player] [pro OWL player]

1 Like

They should sell MMR reset for 20$.

No idea why they never did it, since they are unable to catch smurfs anyway.

2 Likes

So if I think I understand that right after a while things will even out and the SR situation will get fixed?

In theory but that’s after you’re playing against pro owl players for a bit and you’ll just end up blaming your lost games and new SR on them and the MMR reset.

1 Like

After a reset or now? SR is not used for matchmaking, so SR is not something that needs to be fixed before matches are fair. MMR is used for matchmaking.

What is broken about SR right now? Most people that complain basically claim they belong higher, therefore it’s broken. Is something else evidence of broken things?

Jeff Kaplan says they will not be doing an MMR reset because they are very bad, and cause matchmaking to be horrible for everyone. See video for in depth discussion.

See this post for all the myths about the matchmaker and SR:

1 Like