Missing sound queues

Hello
While playing Overwatch, some sounds will not be played when they should.
Using a health pack doesn’t make a sound sometimes. Headshot “dinks” don’t happen sometimes. Ultimate ability voice lines, such as Hanzo and Junk, don’t always make a sound. I have recorded my footage and watched them back to ensure I wasn’t just mishearing them. But even in the training range headshot sounds and health packs don’t sound. I feel like there are other sound issues but these are the ones I have picked up on.

4 Likes

Same here, missing sound effects are common with my friends as well, but it seems to be the most severe for me in our group. Missing hit marker sounds, missing point cap and ultimate sound effects, voice lines regularly not playing. Also unplayed voice lines don’t seem count toward the too many messages.

1 Like

I have similar problems except that unplayed voicelines for me DO count towards the too many messages

I’m having this problem too - most common is Hanzo - but also with dva and junkrats enemy voice lines. Biggest example is im standing there and all of a sudden the hanzo dragons come flying through me its like… uh oh ok you’re ulting and now im dead. I used to hear the ult line and look diligently to find where its coming from to get out of the way. I havent had any changes made and the in game sound works normally. Its just a problem with the Ultimate voice lines.

same problem i run into, need to fix it

Still the issue is present, pls blizzard fix this. Its not even in known issues list

This is very, very likely related to general audio issues that have been happening in Overwatch these past few months, check out this thread. If you can, post your relevant footage there to add to the growing voices surrounding this issue:

I’m having the same issue now and can’t seem to find a fix for it

No solutions for this? I’m so bothered by it, it’s no fun playing without hearing half of what’s happening in the game!

Because this is a different issue, please move to this topic: Sound bug on patch 1.41 - #233 by OwO-12500

This thread was related to a different issue.