Missing Noire Widowmaker skin from merge

“Unlocked”? I hope that doesn’t mean that they’ll just be unlocking it for everyone as a solution…

2 Likes

I hope they don’t ‘unlock’ it for everyone, it kind of loses its rarity and if that is how blizzard decide to fix it then that is really really poor

2 Likes

It’s just poor wording on their part. When they say “unlock”, they mean it will become available to the people who should have had it before. I see this misunderstanding. No worries folks.

1 Like

Yeah as I mentioned in an earlier post, devs are going to have to go into the player database and manually add/link folks with a Noir skin, possibly on a platform by platform basis, into their merged accounts. That’s a guess, but it’s educated as I work in software development and have an idea how these things work. Anyway good news that it’s made the official list of stuff to fix :grimacing:

1 Like

I have merged my accounts, and I noticed that I don’t have the ow1 origins skins (e.g. strike commander morrison soldier 76) and several ow league skins (black and orange). Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Blizzard please help :slight_smile:

SAME ISSUE SHES GONE ! no where in sight🫣

Had no clue they added that in the known issues list, that’s awesome! (well…) Hope it works out well for the devs, I can wait.

Since posting in this thread, my Xbox can now see the Origins skins for Tracer, Soldier and Pharah, but Widowmaker’s is still not showing there. I checked PC, and it cannot see any of them currently.

I also no longer have Noire

Replying to Sutekh, thats great to hear! Seems like blizzard is slowly rolling this kind of stuff out. My guess is they’re working on the Origins stuff first since a much larger percentage of people are affected by it. Stay strong everyone! They’ll get to us eventually.

1 Like

I have the same problem, hope they fix this soon

Do we have like a date or something, i am experiencing this issue.

1 Like

First, in the same boat. I play primarily on Xbox and had the skin there as an add-on download. After merging (I pre-merged when it was an option on OW1), I no longer have access to the skin on console. Even if I uninstall and re-install the add-on, it is missing.

It was my set-skin in OW1, when initially picking Widow in OW2 my skin was reset to default OW1 skin.

I also created a ticket and got a templated response with instructions to look at the “missing items after merge” FAQ and updates, which didn’t cover this issue.

Now, about “manually adding/linking” in the database. That is not necessary. Nothing that big and tedious is done manually. I am not sure about PS, but on Xbox developers can use the portal to their title ID to view and manage their game, achievements, presence settings and add-ons. They already have access to what MS accounts own it. And I am sure they have noticed an uptick in the number of re-downloads of that add-on since the launch of OW2.

The more likely approach would be writing a script that queries for merged accounts, checking if they own the add-on, and then unlocking it in the database.

This wouldn’t be entirely different from how beta access was handled for OW1 if you pre-ordered (the pre-requisite for even having the Noir skin). Blizzard needed to know who pre-ordered so they could request MS to generate the appropriate number of friend codes and then email those codes to owners to give out.

It’s not a manual process. It’s not even a complicated process. It is just extraordinarily low on their priority list and tbh I will be surprised if they ever manage to get around to it.

3 Likes

Yeah, same problem. Day 1 pre-order for OW1 and I can’t even get a hands on my Noire skin and use it in OW2. Worst part is I have the Noire skin on my old gen console (Xbox One) but when switching over to the Series X, it’s gone. Hope this issue gets acknowledged at least. Not just some vague response that gives 0 clarity on this issue.

1 Like

Same got a generic response that they couldn;t do anything and the dev team was “looking into known issues” which if they can’t help why is there even a missing items option for support? The only other thing was I had no option to give a response because my ticket was isntantly closed after getting the response my ticket was opened 11 days agoEdit: the response was giving 11 days ago my ticket says I opened it 3 weeks ago

3 Likes

No different from them charging 50 dollars for a sombra skin then 2 years later giving it away for free…still pissed by that

3 Likes

Same, this is crazy with all these bugs.

2 Likes

Mine is missing too, hope they fix it soon .

2 Likes

Im also missing a few skins, but the one I really dont want to lose is my Noir skin. It’s my favorite skin.

3 Likes

Seriously. It’s one of the rarest most expensive skins in the game, stolen from us. With how expensive this skin is right now them stealing it should be considered criminal.

1 Like