Minor complaint

nothing major, just think that you should not be able to lose as much sr, if not more than, what you gain. It makes the last match you had completely invalidated.
any opinions?

1 Like

This is why I don’t care or chase sr lvls anymore, recorded my game play of win/loss 2 season ago, lost more sr then I gained even though I won more then I lost in the season.

Below Diamond if you’re losing more than you’re gaining it means that you’re not performing well compared to other people on the same hero at your level. Improve your gameplay and you’ll be losing less than you gain.

5 Likes

if you’re losing more than you’re gaining for each win/loss it just means you’re underperforming, or your MMR is a lot lower than your SR so the game is trying to even them out

1 Like

to both of you, thats not the case, i regularly get 3 gold medals every match, i know what im doing, still doesn’t stop how much im losing though

Gold Medals only compare you to the other 5 people on your current team. They mean nothing to overall performance.

What the others are telling you is that you are being compared to every other person out there playing that same hero.

Let’s say you’re playing Junkrat, you get your 3 gold medals every match, let’s say that’s 30 Elims, 20 Obj Elims, 8k Damage (I’m making up numbers, not comparing to anything real).

But let’s say that when you take ALL the JunkRat players and average it out you find the result is 35 Elims, 25 Obj Elims, 10k Damage. You are below the average line of Junkrat play and will gain less SR on wins while losing more SR on losses.

And that’s just the things we get medals on. Then let’s look at everything else. How accurate are you? All those medals but a 10% accuracy means you’re just spamming. How about deaths? 30 Elims with 20 deaths doesn’t compare to 30 elims with 7, Riptire Kills, Mine Kills, Trap placement, etc, etc.

If you want honest assist on the issue submit a VoD for folks to look at and offer critique on. But don’t sit on your medals and think that means you’re on top.

4 Likes

i never thought i was that high up, obviously im not the best, but where exactly do i find where i stand on this anyway? how do i compare myself to other players who use my character(s)? Where is this average you speak of?

You find the average by improving yourself until you start climbing. It doesn’t matter past that. Position better, die less, get more meaningful kills, break more shields when your team needs to push, heal the right people.

so basically just keep doing what im doing already? what’s the point of comparing me to other people when i dont know what they average or how good they get kills? it just feels like a meaningless system

If you’re climbing, then yes. If you’re losing more on losses than you’re gaining on wins like you indicated in your post, then no - you need to change something.

A meaningless system would be where a Bronze player could take on a Top 500 player in a 1v1. The fact is that the system does have meaning - namely, it represents your skill with a number, your SR. If you want to climb, then the answer is to improve yourself. If you’re having trouble figuring out how to do that, get a coach. There are many people on the forums and free coaching Discord channels that are willing to help you.

I can’t tell you where the official information is, but places like Overbuff can give you at least a basic idea.

As for getting better, I’ll repeat, start doing Vod reviews. Record your games, watch them yourself, let others watch them. When you die, or miss a big play you tried, look at the footage and see Why. Alright, now how could you have not done that? Alright, now try that.

IE: For each of my deaths I run a quick little.

Why Did I die? Widow Shot me.

Was I aware of the Widow? No

Why not? She popped out from a corner and quick scoped me.

Why wasn’t I aware of that area? I didn’t realize it provided a sight line.

Solution: Be aware of that sight line and high ground next time.

It can be less complicated or more complicated. But never stop with any answer that implies it’s out of your hands and always try to learn from what happened.

1 Like