🛸 Mind Control Hero 30... aka Mind Control Though an Ult (Cause of The Anubis Hints)

Since Anubis hints are appearing, let’s just finally talk about it.

What do you think about a hero with the likely Ult ability to take over other heroes? (Single Target)

(Likely be extremely limited)

But what do you think of a Tank Hero like this?

(Look up who Anubis is, if your wondering why I am asking this.)

That sounds like the most annoying thing lol

Imagine being taken over, the person contrilling pops your ult you’ve been saving and walks outside of cover so the enemy can just kill you.

Also, would it activate friendly fire? If not, it would just be used to put enemies out of position, which is quite limiting and not fun for either side.

If so, it becomes rather quite OP if you take over the main tank or a burst DPS like Widow.

Can you use the abilities of the person you’re controlling? Is the ult one of them?
It sounds super OP then.

2 Likes

:rage: I HATE CC :rage:

Yeah fortunately this would never happen.

1 Like

Thinking friendly fire would be enabled but Abilities, Ults and firing weapons would be disabled.

Basically just the melee (and maybe an attack boost)

Also Likely time limited too, but likely as long as I guess a Junkrat Trap, so it’s not totally annoying

(Has a lot of time to think and guess about the mechanics)

That could be quite annoying IF the target is alive during the Mind Control process.

Maybe the target that gets killed will follow you and shoot stuff for limited amount of time :thinking:

Edit: Basically what Mordecaiser ult from League of Legends does

1 Like

I see what you’re going with, but I don’t know. Specially since in the story one Pharah’s friends off themselves to escape Control.

1 Like

It sounds interesting.

If something, i want it like Abathur in HotS. So he can connect and shield/heal other allies or make a controllable clone of an enemy for himself.

1 Like

That sound like another single target cc, but this one is channelable one.

Nice concept, but this forum is gonna hate it because it is a cc.

1 Like

Technically Anubis would also be bisexual cause he is an God Ai and mind controlled so many, so the forums would not like that either. (JK)

But really too much “else” seem to be going on for people to make the connection yet.

They are just looking at that guy with chick-Fula bag in his car in the parking lot, wondering “Where did he get that bag.”

When there is a chick-Fula right across the street.

1 Like

I would love to see that, but people here can’t even handle Sombra’s hack, so a mind control ability (even if it’s an ult) would make this forum explode :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I already have made a hero concept with this.You can check it out if you want to.“Next middleeastern hero”

Let’s be honest, anything new would make the forums explode.

Imagine if they just announced Mei now as hero “30” (if Mei didn’t previously exist)

Edit: SlickEmoji; this is based off number of lore stuff and recent announced stuff, all pointing to a “real character” not a fan concept

1 Like

I made this exact topic a few weeks ago, and the answer was NOOOoO

1 Like

Yeah looks like things changed lore wise to make it a possiblity

i made a support hero concept with a mind control ability if you guys want to see it,

its not finished but still

1 Like

I did too remember (based off Anubis) but after seeing that head… yeah changing it to Tank… not done yet though

Keeping the Genie body till more comes up.

(But My Concept’s Head is Changing to this one.)

this is how i balanced mine:

Ultimate: Mind control

She launches a black projectile sphere from her gauntlet that slowly homes to nearby targets, the projectile stays until it comes in contact with any surface, If it hits a player, it will give control to phantom to that specific player for 10s, she is able to use all their abilities at will, including their ultimate, friendly fire is activated for the player in question, he can be harmed by allies and harm allies alike, barriers and walls easily block this attack,

At the same time however, While the duration is 10s, the controller player can reduce the effectiveness of her control by doing the opposite action phantom is currently performing on them, For example, If phantom is walking forwards, they must repetedly mash S to resist it, reducing the movement speed of the controlled player, if they were to use their ultimate, during the activation cast time, mashing Q rapidly may result in the ult being cancelled,

Note: the hero has 150 hp,

1 Like

I havent seen the Anubis concept art yet but what i could imagine is a more male Echo-shaped body with Anubis head on it with Black-gold colors.

1 Like

Well the Support version I had for Anubis (Which been boy’s name since ancient times.) took control if they were the last hit my his primary Fire. (Which I default to old version of Sym’s Orb, the one that went Though Barriers.)

Also had that version fuse with an Ally and have the ability to self Revive with the Ult instead but only if you were fused.

1 Like