Middle East Server issue

I agree, let’s leave the garbage game… getting worse each season, dps role now is disaster…

1 Like

Blizzard team,

This is to bring to your attention the major issue that, the players from KSA facing a real high ping in OW2. We used to play with 25 to 30, but now it over 120. This is not acceptable, due to we can’t get fun during play. Please tried to solve this issue asap. Regarding high ping , OW2 is not fun any more. Almost one month and the issue still exists. Please take action to improve the ping in our area.

2 Likes

Can you guys report them to the BBB for lack of support and not responding helpfully to tickets? Or is that a USA thing only?

2 Likes

Dear fellow Middle East Overwatch players,

I want to address the ongoing connectivity issues we’ve been facing while playing Overwatch in the Middle East. It’s frustrating, and we all want to see a solution. Here are a couple of suggestions on how we can collectively address this problem:

1-Continued Complaints: We can continue to report the issue to Blizzard and also contact our internet service providers (ISPs) to make them aware of the problem. While this may not be the most effective solution, it’s essential to document the issue and let Blizzard know that it’s affecting a significant portion of their player base.

2-Engage Influential Figures: Another approach is to reach out to influential individuals who can help bring attention to our connectivity problems. Youtubers and famous Overwatch players can have a considerable impact. If we can convince someone like @Yznsa or @owBrain to talk to our ISPs about the issue, it might get more attention and action.

A message to the Overwatch team: We want you to know that it’s not easy for us, as customers, to get in touch with someone in charge at our ISPs. However, it’s crucial to highlight that this issue reflects negatively on Blizzard as a multibillion-dollar company. We’ve rarely seen a company openly acknowledge problems without actively working to fix them. We ask that you leverage your influence to engage with our ISPs and help us resolve these connectivity issues. It’s a win-win situation for both players and the company.

Let’s unite and work together to ensure that our voices are heard. By raising awareness about this issue, we can increase the chances of finding a solution. Together, we can make a difference and improve our Overwatch gaming experience in the Middle East.

7 Likes

Recent patch and still not fixed sadly.

Just like I posted previously, since this type of problem never have been truly fixed. Here is what I found out about it, and what could be done by them.

I think they shutted down [GMEC1] middle east server …

2 Likes

ye cant find it anymore

1 Like

The GMEC1 server isn’t even showing up anymore. I stopped playing due to getting into 100ms+ games. I contacted support and they replied with an automatic message not even addressing the issue. This is embarrassing from Blizzard

1 Like

Oh boi am connected to the GMECL server all the time, but the problemato there’s no potato. The connection is worse; I used to get 60 ms, which is playable for a fast FPS game. Now it’s 80-99 ms, like the death cam skipping things i did, like, you know what I mean, giving the enemy an advantage, like Widow’s extra shot, which can be a big deal. Is it time to leave the game?

I really loved the game, no matter what the fan base complained about; the game as a whole is so good. For me, it’s the best fps game; it’s colorful, has more alive animation, and each character is special in every aspect, like, where do I start? But that connection makes it a bad experience to go through. Sorry for complaining, but meh, it’s what it is. Alright, I hope something good happens to you soon.

Peace."

they returned it , i connected to it

and how was the ping ?

it’s fine for me , 10ms now.

It’s still not working for me? How did you get it to work

What is your internet provider? Because it doesn’t work for me.

@Pessi

He lives in Qatar and isn’t facing any issues because the new server (gmec1) is located in Google Cloud Qatar!

However, anyone living outside Qatar like me, such as in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and so on, is experiencing the worst Overwatch experience with 140-170ms ping.

1 Like

you guys need to move on… they have internet engineers if they want to solve the problem they will but they don’t want to. better move on and uninstall their game, mw3 have 2 servers one in Riyadh and the other one in Bahrain and the game is very fun.

1 Like

@krno

Agree,

Saudi Arabia have Google Cloud data center like Qatar

I don’t know who chose Qatar over Saudi Arabia for the new server when he knows that the majority of Middle East players are Saudis ( HE IS IDIOT BTW! )
and also without doing any test before the deployment!

I wasted a lot my time in this useless fourm ( more than a month ) waitng for blizzard to solve it, But it seems that they don’t care.

Worst Support Ever.

3 Likes

Yea a new datacenter from google cloud has opened in saudi arabia , I hope they add a server there or at least the ISP establish a new route to google cloud in qatar.

1 Like

The problem still not fixed in Saudi Arabia!!
We contacted our ISP But they respond that the issue is with the game.
Blizzard can you do something about it?
The Bahrain server was fine, why the change?

1 Like