Mics = Competitive Requirement. No excuses

The OP of this post is asking for a mic to be required. Not asking for people to be required to join voice chat. Therefore, they’re essentially asking people to not be allowed to play Competitive if they can’t speak or won’t talk. That’s a much worse request.

Also, I don’t want people to be required to stay around and hear toxicity. I myself will always join voice chat, but some people aren’t like me and can’t handle the toxicity. And no, muting isn’t the perfect solution; you have to hear the toxicity in the first place to know you have to mute them.

1 Like

Mic… In silver… that’s a troll.
OP, use LFG (find a group) and you’ll get 90% of win-rate. ez

2 Likes

FYI LFG is not utilised on consoles.

Some people speak English badly, have an unpleasant or weird voice, concentrate better when not talking, etc.

Not everybody who plays Overwatch is OWL material, but for most of us that’s fine. Sorry the millions of us are not good enough for you.

3 Likes

I am also one of the reasons toxic players have one less person to yell at. A worthy trade off IMHO.

1 Like

Even if it was a requirement people won’t always be talking.

I don’t think it should be forced because people get too toxic and start threats in chat anyway.

No, I’m unable to speak because I’m mute.

3 Likes

Your words speak to my soul. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Then that means no comp for you according to some people. :thinking: I’m not one of those people, don’t worry.

3 Likes

Or you can stop blaming your teammates and worry about yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s discriminating to mutes.

1 Like

Some people tend to forget or choose not to acknowledge that mutes exist. The world don’t revolve around those who can talk, but they act like it do. and that’s sad, others exist too…

1 Like

Overwatch is a team game.

That means players need to work together as a team to complete the objective.

A key component of teamwork is communication.

That’s why team chat needs to be compulsory for Competitive with no option to leave.

Even if you don’t speak/can’t speak, you can still join and hear call outs and team strategies.

And if you cannot hear then you can still join team chat to show your solidarity with the team :slight_smile:

No it doesn’t. I’ve seen a deaf player make it to top 500. Can you believe it? He made it w/o being able to hear callouts and stuff like that. :smiley:

Just cause you don’t use vc doesn’t mean you’re part of the problem.

1 Like

They’re clearly an exception.

The same does not apply to the majority.

Honestly not sure what you are reading or why you are being harsh to him, OP didn’t really say anything rude. He just asked for what he believes he needs. He can be mistaken and there are nice ways of saying it.

at your ello there is no point in getting on voice comms its not going to do any good just focus on yourself and dont worry about what your team mates are doing.

Ahh yes, i always enter voice chat in comp or even QP by default.

But little do you know my volume for voice chat is set to ZERO and mic disabled PERMANENTLY.

ehehehehehehehe

1 Like

I’m shy though

1 Like

Lmao you can self-carry yourself out of sliver until high GM with no comms. Git Gud

1 Like