Microsoft buys blizzard for 68 billion

Great move by Microsoft.
Blizzard needed to be bought it.
Finally we may see improvement.

Great job Microsoft

1 Like

I’m not sure why people think we’re going to see improvement. This means less independence for blizzard

1 Like

Blizzard is against independence.

Hong kong

8 Likes

And that’s a good thing, especially after the past 3 years. MS will want to make their money back and that means they’ll want to keep content rolling in.

2 Likes

Good. Maybe this will mean the end of the algorithmic handicapping.

2 Likes

I’m optimistic. I hope this will mean they’ll have (or be provided with) more resources to pump into the game, while still maintaining their vision and integrity (as in, not throwing in wacky shizz just to keep the game fresh. “Wooooaaaah, we got Marvul skinnz and tankz nao!!!111”)

And yes, you may laugh at the “vision” and “integrity” thing, I’m ok with that :stuck_out_tongue:

OW is just un fixable.

Only way I see it working charge fee $7 monthly subscription PER acct.

Many won’t pay for it plus many won’t pay for their alternate accounts.

1 Like

Nah, far from unfixable. Even if I were to hate the matchmaker I’d still see a good game running underneath all the crap. If the game woulda been doodoo feces through and through I’d call it unfixable. But in that case I wouldn’t even care about the game, and I wouldn’t hang on the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think you’re mistaken.

Do you really think the reason why players have left is purely because of alt accounts?
Every game has such issues, though they do not die just because of that.

If you have to pay monthly just to play a game then you are wasting your money, this is pretty much the most garbage idea i’ve seen on here.

The community has been deprived of content, the touch between community and devs had been lost.
If the matchmaker gets adjusted so players who’ve left for a while can return and if the other issues get fixed, then players will definitely return.

1 Like

Are you okay there buddy? The industry is moving forward towards free to play models in which cosmetics are monetized, not backwards towards the 2000s. This is such an enormous hopium take because you are fed up with smurfs.

1 Like

EZ fix, enable the option ‘Match me with old accounts only’ then you play against, say, silver border + accounts. Should eliminate most smurfs. Of course, you have to be an old account to enable this. That way all the smurf accounts can play in one big cesspool together

1 Like

True I will finally be able to reach rank one after this handicapping is gone.

1 Like

heres a problem with that:

lets say i have an older account, which was in lets say low gold. i buy a new account, spend time on that one learning to be more efficient with my character pool, climb this account lets say to mid-high plat. then i log onto my old account, and with that match making option enabled, completely roll low gold/high silver games. how does that it make it fair to you?

2 Likes

its on bruh! im gonna get there first!

2 Likes

Blizzard has been dead for more than a decade. Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard. :cowboy_hat_face:

I don’t think this will change anything. Microsoft didn’t improve Bethesda, neither will it improve Activision Blizzard.

This is just a move any conglomerate would take. 70bill is pretty much pocket change for Microsoft. Not to mention they overpaid for it because Acitivision Blizzard was valued at around 50-55bill at the time.

People will keep buying Blizzard games; there’s no denying that. Microsoft just thought to own that part of the market also.

Gaming industry has been growing fast and big, and there’s no signs of it slowing down. Monopolizing gaming industry could be insanely good for Microsoft in the long run.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Meta bows down to Microsoft in 10-15 years. Google and Apple will follow suit soon after.

Hate to be that guy, but the same people are going to be in charge till next year…not to be a debbie downer just a heads up. Microsoft can’t do anything really for a whole another year for now.

1 Like

I haven’t been playing OW so I can wait.
I wonder if the OW player base is 500 now?