Mic doesn't work when my headphones are plugged in

So I’m getting this weird issue where I can hear my teamates in voice chat and the game doesn’t pick up my mic. My mic works fine in other games and discord it’s just anything inside battle net. I’ve done all the items in the troubleshooting post for mic issues and have completely uninstalled OW and battle net but still have the same issue. While trouble shooting with the test mic feature in battle net i can see the audio levels are moving when the green plug in my headset is unplugged. So when just them is plugged in it seems to find my mic but the second I plug in headphones it doesn’t work. I have no idea how to solve this issue and it’s making playing comp almost impossible.

What mic and heaphones are you using? Are they connected directly to your computer are are you using an audio interface or is this a mic with monitoring and you’re plugging the headphones into the mic?

Use the Sennheiser Game Ones. They are connected directly through my motherboard. I’ve tried the ports on the back and the ones on the front of the case and I get the same issue. It finds my mic only when the mic is plugged in but not when I plug in the headphones. The headset cord has both plugins. I used my Game Ones for well over a year in OW with no issue. Not sure why it started now.

have you tried disabling the other audio output devices also?