Merging Question/Problem

Yes, I’ve been to the ‘account merge’ tab in-game.

I then had to confirm merging my xbox account to my battlenet account with a long press of the A button. There was no sign of any psn accounts or anything else being merged, just my xbox handle.

Getting lots of different answers and advice, this is way more confusing than I’m sure it needs to be!

Go to account.battle.net and make sure you see your PSN account connected there. From what I’m seeing, you should only need to verify the connection once and you shouldn’t need to log in to each console’s version of OW. As long as your accounts are all linked on the bnet settings page, confirming once should be enough, regardless of where you confirm from. It just sounds like your PSN account isn’t connected to your main bnet account for whatever reason, and that’s why it’s not showing on the xbox connection confirmation page.

It would be nice if either blizz themselves or Wyoming could give better clarification on this, though. It certainly is confusing.

I think I get what you’re saying, but there is no ‘confirm’ button(s) on the battlenet connections page.

I can see that both my psn and xbox live accounts are linked with battlenet but I’m being advised officially and otherwise that these need “confirming” and that the way to do this is in-game.

I can, and have, done this in-game for my xbox account on my series x (no mention of my psn account anywhere on this screen BTW) with a long press of the A button. I’m now just paranoid and assuming I need to do the same with my psn account but scratching my head how I do this with without a console anymore.

This needs some official guidance as it is as clear as mud!

Strange. If they’re connected on the bnet website, you should see all of your connected accounts on the left, and the main bnet account on the right when trying to confirm in game. If they’re not there and all you see is the xbox account, something is certainly up. You might have better luck opening a support ticket online via bnet, rather than waiting on clarification via the forums.

Okay thanks. Yeah I’ve just read a post on reddit with someone having the same issues but one person mentioned they could confirm their psn account in-game through their xbox. Maybe it’s because I’ve not used my playstation account for quite a while? Not great tho and I certainly won’t be alone if this is the case and blizzard will probably need to fix/clarify things.

I’d certainly open a ticket. I haven’t touched my PS4 account since… 2019? And it still showed up fine for me. At the very least, they’ll be able to tell you if it’s a known issue they’re working to fix, or if you’re all good and it’s just a visual issue.

Yeah thanks, I have done. I’ve tried to word it as clearly and succinctly as possible but I’m sure it’s going to confuse the heck out of them!

So with the merge what happens if you have duplicate gold guns. I know i would keep them but would i get a refund on at least one of them so i can get a different one

As far as I’ve read, it’s a no to refunds on any duplicates of anything annoyingly, but I stand to be corrected.

I’ve still had no update on my merging issue through a support ticket but will update this if I do.

I only have this battlenet account and it has already been linked to my Xbox account for crossplay, which is my only platform. Will I need to do anything at all?

Please please do. This is honestly nerve wrecking

Okay, so I’ve had a reply from support and basically I’ve been advised I need to find a friend or someone who has a playstation and then log in, download OW and confirm the merge in-game. Apparently having your accounts showing as linked on battlenet is not enough. I can’t say that this is satisfactory news. I can probably make it happen by virtue of the fact that a relative has a PS (albeit not that close by) and I’m fortunate that I own a digital copy of OW linked to my psn account… but this is definitely not ideal and probably very prohibitive for many.

2 Likes

Do I have to merge from both ends? I have a PC and PSN account. I did the merge from PC but do I have to go into my PSN account as well?

From what I understand, some people are logging into the OW game client on whatever platform and when going to the ‘merge account’ tab in-game they are seeing all of their various accounts regardless of what platform they are using… I never got this. I could only confirm my xbox account on my xbox console - not my psn account (despite it showing as linked to my battlenet account).

If, when you confirmed your merge on your PC, you saw your psn account on the screen, then asfaik, you shouldn’t need to do anything else.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update! Gonna ask a friend to help me do this on PSN too, so fingers crossed that’s gonna fix it

If in-game confirme is not working, try quiting out of the game and re-starting it, then click it again. I was concerned because I have my account linked to my xbox, but I was still propmted to “confirm” in-game if I click the "account merge, but after I long push to confirm, the prompt will still pop up and show my gamertag with red under it as “not confirmed” . Connections in my battlenet account showed my xbox live is linked to my account, but in-game confirm still was not working after multiple tries. I quit the game and restarted it, clicked the prompt and it finally showed my gamertag is confirmed in-game. I hope this helps any of yall who were freaking out like I was

1 Like

Hey, i merged my account and none of my cosmetics are there… i still have the purchase records and it says its linked but its not working… i want my things…

1 Like

Same here, I had a bunch from 1 and I had my account merged before 2 was even released. Idk what’s happening

My problem is my account itself is showing I’ve connected my PS4 to PC, but when I log in to the game itself, it’s telling me it’s “in queue” to merge over and to shut off the game, that it’ll approximately take under a second. Everything has been approved, confirmed, whatever needs to be done, but it’s still showing in queue to merge when i start up the game.

I’m in the same boat, one account on Xbox linked for ages. I have read conflicting information on next steps, do we need further action?