Mercy's Ultimate In Uprising 2018

Since it has been officially confirmed that the Overwatch Uprising Event from 2017 will be returning this year on April 10th, we can pretty much assume that for the most part the co-op brawl will be the same. However, with Mercy’s somewhat recent ultimate rework from “Resurrect” to “Valkyrie”, which ultimate will Mercy have in this year’s Uprising?

Last year, Mercy’s ultimate was extremely useful for when all 3 of your teammates were down. This year if she were to have “Valkyrie” with the 1.75 second cool down for each use of resurrect, there’s be almost no difference to another teammate just using the terminal-hacking device to resuscitate a teammate.

I also believe that, in terms of the lore, Mercy should have her “Resurrect” ultimate because that’s what her ultimate was in that point in time. I couldn’t stop thinking about which ultimate Mercy would have ever since I’ve been anxious to play Uprising again this year. I also don’t think it would make sense for Mercy to have “Valkyrie”, nor would be useful in this gamemode in any way other than to heal everyone at once.

Obviously, I do miss Mercy’s “Resurrect” ultimate and I would absolutely LOVE to see it return this year for Uprising. I guess we’ll just have to wait until April 10th to find out!

1 Like

No you won’t.

But they’re also rebalancing it to account for that.

Gotta account for how bad her ultimate is! Can’t forget about that!

1 Like