Mercy's Situation is NOT fair!

I find that pretty funny.

Resurrect was not on Mercy’s E at the time soo…

They changed it because Valkyrie wasn’t really an ultimate.

10 Likes

I regularly pop Valk, heal my team up, damage boost them to clean up, and then chase down a Widow or Pharah with my pistol. That’s three things and that’s just on a normal use. Valk can be used very creatively. It definitely does more than just heal and boost. It can be used offensively, defensively, proactively, reactively, to save yourself from death, to get somewhere quicker, to reach a rez you couldn’t before, etc… You just need some imagination.

I stand corrected then. Thanks for that. I honestly never realized supercharger lasted that long. It’s usually destroyed half way through or you team wiped.

“The developers did something, therefore it is correct/justified” is utterly hilarious based upon the track record of these developers.

11 Likes

Last time I checked, supports don’t stand still and sit on the ground.

Except Mercy can actually quickly move around the field to different teammates, and boosting that flanker can be very useful.

I’ve already read the post.

Yep, because some people liked the rework and others didn’t. Nothing to argue here, as I never said the majority liked it

No no no, it’s more like the vast majority of users all agreed Mercy’s res was a problem, and it got recognized by pro players who said the same thing and blizzard agreed promoting your main healer to hide throughout a team fight was a terrible strategy that shouldn’t be encouraged in a game like overwatch.

Even now you’ll only find this bring back mass res movement on these forums. More people just want to see her balanced, without the devs having to worry about more backlash from the mercy main community

No, it’s like buying a bag of Doritos or a bag of Sun Chips vs. buying three Doritos and three Sun Chips.

2 Likes

So should Mercy damage boost as much as supercharger and heal as much as Transcendence?

1 Like

Point is Valkyrie is the combination of 2 ultimates but is still incredibly boring and is not impactful, at all. Ladies and gentlemen, this is why you shouldn’t give a main healer the ability to fly…

5 Likes

Nah, I don’t need any imagination (I surprisingly have a lot of that) Ive done pretty everything you listed and I still don’t find the ult fun, when playing overwatch I like making big plays, catching on fire, hearing the voice lines and getting thanks for doing something that helped win. you simply can’t do that with Mercy anymore, of course you can still enjoy her, its all subjective anyway.

5 Likes

Also, why exactly are you DPSing with her ultimate. She’s a pacifist and a main healer…

2 Likes

But it IS impactful.

Barely, and is not engaging at all.

3 Likes

No. Mercy should have something unique as her ultimate, like every other hero in the game.

12 Likes

Engaging doesn’t equate to impactful. She can very much turn the tides. It sucks that we have such polar opposite views on so many things :joy:

Cool, I’m not arguing that, just not mass rez without being fixed.

Never said it was. Her ultimate not being engaging is a whole another problem since the rework goals were to make her more impactful and engaging.

Impactful - other than Resurrect, her kit is not impactful at all.

Engaging - she is the polar opposite of engaging.

2 Likes

But the movement of a support within the 2 seconds Tracer has to empty a magazine is limited. Supports also have a larger hitbox than Orisa’s Supercharger.

If getting in, killing the drum, and getting out is as easy as you make it out to be, then healers would be obsolete.

Then explain to me how it is an exaggeration.

5 Likes

Except the vast majority actually didn’t mind Resurrect.

6 Likes

You really should step out of the echo chamber.

3 Likes