Mercy's rez is suicide button

Sometimes, while I’m rezzing, my entire team suddenly drops dead.

Yep, another downside of current rez, you have to stop healing for 2 seconds :confused:

1 Like

More like, why can’t my team use common sense. Why stand still in front of Bap’s window to get shot at.

We (Main Mercy) spoiled them

As much as I hate to use “skill issue” as an argument, I’m gonna say it applies here: skill issue.

Rez is a high risk high reward ult. Its only a suicide button if you don’t know how to use it smartly. The game’s not gonna hold your hand for an ability like that.

so easy to interrupt… the ability is garbage at the moment.

Summary on Mercy’s Changes after Feb 7 - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

I actually stated how terrible the ability usage has become

is protection suzu or drone a suicide button too? do they represent any risk, or disable you from performing any other task in the meanwhile?

The resurrection usage has nothing to do with changes that took place at February 7th 2023…

It is implication of changes that took place November 16th 2017 and then January 30th 2018… Plus going in to 5v5 at October 4th 2022 didn’t help in that regards.

The ability has garbage usage rate since the beginning of 2018, so 5 years now… It was 4-6 in OW1, now it is 3-5 in OW2 per 10 minutes.

And it is because of the cast time, that makes both her and her team vulnerable for almost 2 seconds. That makes her just not go for many resurrections, since there is no time to do this…

And also I do not understand how is this related to the post you are answering to. I just corrected facts about where all this happened in other person post

Clearly spoken by a suicidal Mercy player, or someone that has never seen a team fight saved because a rez picked up a player who would otherwise have needed to run all the way back from spawn.

Let Mercy teabag during Res

Like to agree, Quote to disagree

2 Likes

very heroic. but I don’t see any of those complications when rolling your face on the keyboard for landing suzu or field

please, explain how standing like a dwerp for an entire second, has nothing to do with the changes introduced in Feb 7

Suzu can save a player, but if the player dies 3 seconds later after it wears off, no dice. Team fight can collapse while the player you tried to save runs back.
Field can also save a player, until its destroyed (and smart players will always destroy the field as soon as they see it) and then no dice.

All healers have their role and powerful ways to use their kit. You clearly just don’t know how to use Mercy’s properly (which is ironic, given that your profile picture is Mercy).

Because it works like that since 2018. For 5 freakin years…

At February 7th nothing has changed in regards to resurrection. The only thing that you could stretch here would be increased GA CD by 1 second which misaligned GA CD with cast time by 750 ms. So if Mercy flies in for res, she needs to stay for 750 ms after animation is done, rather than being able to fly away instantly. But that has very little impact on it.

lol, do you even try to check what you are talking about? there’s a leaderboard for a reason

finally! we made some progress here

now all we gotta focus on, is the abstraction of how much can happen ingame in only 750ms

Again, those resurrections are the ones that Mercy wouldn’t go for anyway in most cases.

This changes impacted less than 2% resurrections, and that is on a verge of statistical error…

Maybe don’t res in front of the whole enemy team without any protection/shield :woman_standing:

1 Like

from 4-6 to 3-5? to whatever we are standing on after feb7 and 2%? this just getting better xD

is this Mercy 101 hour? lol