Mercy's current kit is unhealthy for the game

Her extremely easy to use healing and mobility almost make Ana and Moira pointless. Ana has to keep track of her ammo and hit a skill shot sleep dart to survive being dived. Moira has a short range healing and a resource meter to manage.

Damage boost enables Widow and Hanzo to do even higher amounts of damage than they already do while also making shield breaking easy without the use of characters who are meant to do that like Junkrat or Bastion. And let’s not forget it’s the reason that dragon and grav can kill teams through a trans.

And I don’t think I need to explain why rez doesn’t fit the game at all. Devaluing actually getting picks in a team fight or at range while also bringing back a team mate who died at range pretty much for free. Atleast when her ultimate was the rez it made way more sense.

And honestly (imo) she’s just really boring and not fun to play or play against. Playing as her just feels like watching your team play while every other support is way more involved and interesting. And playing against her is just an annoying game of cat and mouse half the time.

Now I don’t want blizzard to nerf the character again, and I understand she is meant to be one of the easier heroes for people to pick up and play but she has way too much value in an easy to use kit.

Personally I would like blizzard to introduce elements that make her kit more involved, someone on reddit suggested added scaling to her healing/damage which I think is a really cool idea.

I also like the idea of making her pistol a more effective tool, as is it’s one of those things no one really draws any attention too and feels more like an afterthought when she was designed before the game’s launch. Maybe replace the rez with an ability that let’s her heal and shoot the pistol together for a short period of time and add the solo rez back to her current ultimate.

These are just ideas obviously, I’m sure blizzard are sick to death of trying to balance Mercy. But unless they buff Ana, Moira and heck even Lucio (which I don’t think is the right idea as each of them is pretty balanced right now), Mercy will almost always be picked over them.

4 Likes

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018