Mercys Contenders Skin

1. Do the hours reset once you get the Sym?

2. Has anyone gotten the Mercy skin?

3. How do I file a bug report or something for it?

4. (relates to the question above) What do we use to report things like this?

I’ve watched enough hours as far as I can tell and haven’t gotten it. Gotten Sym, no Mercy. Heard other people are having the same problem, hence question 2.

5 Likes
  1. No

2. Yes

3. Bug Report Forums here.

4. The Forums.

1. Yes

Not to be rude but… do you have a source by any chance? People are saying nobody has gotten them so I’m just wondering if you happen to have proof/a source.

It’s alright if you don’t, it’s not that I don’t believe you. :slight_smile:

Contenders Twitter posted about requirements to earn drops.

You actually have to have the tab in focus, and the stream can’t be muted. I think it’s because they want people to actually watch the games instead of just leeching for drops.

1 Like

I watch on PiP mode, the stream tab is never in focus. Are you saying this is screwing me up?

Perhaps, I’m not familiar with that. Apparently having the stream on a second monitor doesn’t count either.

I know that worked during OWL because I got my tokens there. If they changed that to Contenders, that is a seriously dumb decision.

1 Like

open ticket. i got my symm skin after opening a ticket to blizz. got no good answer, but still i got that skin after opening ticket. i’ll do that again if i didn’t get the mercy one after this.

1 Like

I can understand why they did it for Contenders though, since their viewership is far lower than OWL, and they want to ensure that people who watch the streams aren’t just doing it for the skin. The skins ideally should just be a bonus for watching the games, and not your motivation for watching them.

Welp, that’s me out. I kind of want the Mercy skin, but watching other people play Overwatch is boring as hell.

How exactly would one open a ticket to Blizzard? sorry, new to this…

1 Like

I think that’s the point of this system, to weed out players who don’t actually care about Contenders.

can confirm that the mercy skin isn’t working, have logged approximately 20 hours and don’t have mercy, but I do have sym

Ok, so I just checked, and I earned Symmetra’s skin today. So watching in PiP mode works.

1 Like

Remember that the only time that counts are times where the match is actually occurring. Ads, caster discussion and pre/mid/post game show do not count.

Contact Support - Blizzard Support → choose overwatch → i would rather categorize the issue → account → not listed here → contact us → describe your issue.

Tysm, appreciate your help c:

you’re welcome, hope you get the skins.

Technically, it’s working for some, but not working for others. Friend of mine got his mercy skin.

No

Multiple viewers confirmed in my troubleshooting thread that they got it today. I have seen several Tweets too.

Continue to report problems in my troubleshooting thread, its the most localized place to report this issue. The official Bug report forums is only for reporting in-game bugs.

The forums in general, but my troubleshooting thread is the best localized place for feedback.

This means you are on the right track. Keep watching any remaining streams if possible. Again I think the Korea Grand Finals and/or China broadcast had some issues, but there has been a lot of positive reports today. Of course I am still going to investigate and try to provide advice wherever I can.

1 Like