Mercy wasn't actually nerfed

She’s really not lol. She’s supposed to be a main healer except she can’t even main heal. Lmfao.

7 Likes

yes and mostly everyone can tell you that the buffs were in the wrong direction so you need to take those out of the question right away

I agree, the point though is that people sometimes don’t realize how strong their suggestions would be so when someone responds with “you just want Mercy to be OP” it’s not about them wanting mercy to be broken powerful but that she would be without them realizing it, kind of like rework rez was the first month

What’s even more weird is Ana is only doing that because Mercy did that to her the previous year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone good at drawing needs to draw this or create some kind of mean girls meme immediately.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll wait for the pharah buffs to hit live so I can spam pharmercy since mercy’s niche is apparently pocketing people. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Apparently ridiculously underpowered is balance. Oh boi…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Shes even got Mercys hair… this is tragic!

1 Like

Oh boy, can’t wait for the “NERF PHARMERCY!!” posts lol. Theyre already annoying now.

Well yeah. Because she did have that kit once and statistically she was trash–and that was at a time when there was literally no competition for her role. Once Ana came out, even with the 60hps buff she was still trash compared to Ana.

Also most people who want a revert add that they want nerfs (cast time, remove invuln, ult decay etc) to mass rez, even though she was never once overpowered with mass rez, so uh…

Again, try to have this discussion without putting words in our mouth. And without lying about Mercy’s history.

3 Likes

you as in collective you, I don’t really keep track of names of who suggests what

She was “trash” when she didn’t have invul frames, afterwards people did use Mercy quite a lot, so much so that the Mercy main trend was born around that time, you did not play Mercy when she was considered underpowered and even if you did, at the time the game was in a proto state where character value wasn’t as deeply explored as it is now, the proof lies in Mercy’s buffs, people complained enough about Mercy usefulness that they convinced devs of her underpower state even though she wasn’t really “trash” people just didn’t know how to exploit her strenghts and the invul frames + 60 hps opened up the doors for the community to explore the character

So the idea that she wasn’t overpowered with mass rez, while true, needs to also consider a few more points, mainly, she was really clunky and slower with GA, healing beam was also particularly bugged, the game had a very very different meta and character diversity was not an issue

I’d like to expand a little bit on that last part, you see, if the support role were to stay as it was back then, then Mercy having mass rez or even just rez would never be an issue, because she was the ultimate answer to supporting but that’s not the case anymore because we have at least 2 other dedicated healers who need to be relevant as well

I played Mercy since Beta, fool, and trust me, we explored Mercy’s power. Mercy had the most dedicated mains in the game from Day 1, not because she was overpowered but because she was fun and people were prepared to push her kit to the max. We knew exactly what she was capable of that time–and it wasn’t much. And this was back in a time when most other players didn’t even know how to stand behind the rectangle. Now players do stand behind rectangles. They shoot better, they position better, they coordinate better. OG Mercy would get wrekt by today’s playerbase.

she was really clunky and slower with GA, healing beam was also particularly bugged, the game had a very very different meta and character diversity was not an issue

GA was never clunky. It does have a boost now, but then again, the entire meta is has trended towards more mobile heroes. Her beam was never 'particularly bugged 'in a way that prevented her heals from working. The meta now had more counters for Mercy than ever. And what the hell do you mean character diversity was not an issue? Pro matches had literally three heroes being played in the entire match, between both teams.

Seriously, stop trying to rewrite history. You honestly think Mercy’s was balanced with 50hps, no invuln, and no E… because apparently Mercy mains were too dumb to use it correctly? You know what, I’d even humour you and try that build again just so you can see how laughably wrong you are.

2 Likes

Simply put most Mercy players are putting out feedback and suggestions they think will be fun, fair and engaging and while a lot of those ideas can seem like they want her to be OP that is not the case.

However when you have an individual who you can only assume hates Mercy and/or her player base responsed with “You just want her to be OP”. Rather than give constructive feedback as to why their suggestion comes off as OP and maybe give info on how to tone it down or why they may not prefer that idea then threads and discussion dissolve into arguing matches.

Case in point someone has already mentioned the infamous “you just want her OP” but gave no context. It gets old and its annoying. Stop leading with that, we get it you hate the hero and thrive off the salty tears of her mains… but that just shows how immature and irrelevant you are. You bring nothing constructive when there are a lot of Mercy mains with good ideas that could be tweaked with help from players that normally wouldn’t play Mercy. They could have the potential to assist Mercy mains by giving them feedback that levels their farfetched ideas and puts Mercy on an even playing field without being OP.

It will nerver happen however and I strongly believe Mercy will not be touched for another year similarly to Bastion so I’ve given up on the game. While she is not the sole reason she was the catalyst of a long list of heros I played that got unnecessary reworks that changed their play style and I am only going to relearn a hero so many times before it becomes abundantly clear that the devs are grasping at straws where balance is concern. Is this the most balanced meta? Perhaps but that doesn’t ignore the fact that there are heroes that need help and wont get it because devs feel that “everything is fine” and “everything is successful” when in fact they are not.

So while this meta is decent it wont last long. Once players are done demanding nerfs of dominant heroes and they get their luck of the draw nerfs a new meta will be enforced and the cycle continues.

So while everyone screamed that Ana deserved to be meta, be careful what you wish for because now the support witch hunters are after her too and she isnt even OP, there is just no support to contest her just like it was the same for Mercy. Its a never ending cycle of which support will dominant the meta because the devs cannot seem to balance them evenly.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. :smile:

3 Likes

Sorry but you are not the community as a whole (though you are part of it of course) and if you explored her power as you said then you probably knew about hide and rez from day 1? because no matter how you try to cover it, hide and rez was one of the most optimal ways of exploiting Mercy’s power

And if that’s the case then you, more so than anyone else should understand why hide and rez had to go but obviously you don’t and defend a skill that was highly counterintuitive

Pro matches wasn’t a thing buddy, you might have high rank people playing but anyone can tell you that playing in GM and playing in OWL is a huge leap in skill, so no, pro matches did not have three heroes because there were no pro matches whatsoever and also, every game has 12 characters, if for some reason there are 3 staple heroes, then you have other 6 players who need to make a pick

I’m not trying to rewrite history but you obviously have a huge bias that is completely making you blind to facts

Also I don’t appreciate the insult but that’s more than enough proof of who is the side with the most negative people in the forums

It’s not about “winning”, I’m not trying to win anything. I know nobody expressly said they wanted an OP Mercy but you have to realize that she was a bit OP before all this, so someone saying that they want her back to that state without specifying how they want her balanced out isn’t really constructive.

There are definitely changes that can be made to make her stronger yet not OP, many of these have been stated in other threads,and I hope that one day they make some of these changes. Until then the only things we can do is either pick up another hero, enjoy Mercy how she is since she isn’t unplayable, or stop playing. I love the game too much to quit so I do the first two.

Sure, and that is definitely troublesome. However, I’ve been able to consistently outheal other healers with her still (getting ~12k healing a match) so it’s not like she can’t heal well. I’d love nothing more than for her to have 60 h/ps back, but I don’t know if they will ever do that. I understand her role and while she isn’t where she was, she is still ok. All I’m trying to say is that she still works, even if it’s not a perfect situation.

“Ridiculously underpowered”? That’s a little over the top… Balance isn’t always a good thing, and I never tried to say it was, however bad it may seem she is balanced. It’s just not the right kind of balance, in my opinion, but still she is viable and I still do well enough with her - as do others I have seen.

1 Like

I’m sorry to say that not everyone feels like or have the time to write an essay about why an idea seems OP, if you want feedback you’ll receive it in every way shape or form, specially on a open forum like this one, it is up to you to filter what is being said.

And for the record “you just want her to be OP” is just a succinct way of stating something that you are overlooking, if you feel that’s an attack then that’s on you

I gave my assertion based on actual statistics. She is definitely ridiculously underpowered.

Balance is a good thing as long as it doesn’t conflict with how fun said hero is. Mercy right now is neither fun or balanced.

Again, being underpowered is not balanced. It’s the same as being overpowered; unbalanced.

And this is why statistics exist. We can’t and should not apply personal experiences to everyone.

Can I see said statistics? I don’t really like having the word “statistics” thrown at me to prove me wrong when I have yet to see anything that suggests “ridiculously underpowered”.

Yeah, just go to Overbuff and take a glance at the monthly data of the supports.

Overbuff apparently, even if Mercy’s trend is going upward he holds on to the monthly statistic on the first month after her changes, hell, for this week, Mercy has reached an all time high win rate (since 50hps nerf) of 51.30 in GM

but wait, there’s more! according to this guy, if you don’t have over 54% win rate in GM then the hero is a throw pick! that goes to show you that Winston, sombra, Moira and a bunch of other heroes apparently share Mercy’s “trash” status

but you know, I don’t blame him, if don’t know how to read data you can reach very odd conclusions