Mercy was meta for a long time

Im pretty sure mercy is playable

People have been complaining about how the rework sapped the fun from her kit even when she was meta. Why do people think her op state was some sort of golden era to mercy mains when she wasnt

Mercy players cant get anything. Her viable playstyles rn include pocketing and going battle mercy. Ofc battle mercy is more engaging but people are complaining about that too. They tell mercy players to adjust but get mad at them if they dont adjust the way they want to smh

Ps battle mercy =/= dps or pistol only mercy

3 Likes

Yeah, she is unfun to play, but this other guy doesnt understand the difference between unfun and underpowered

trashcan hero with zero utility aside from one which immobilizes her for 1.75 secs

reminder mercy players did not ask for the rework which made her meta.

8 Likes

She’s not balanced according to statistics.

Statisitcslly, if you play her, you are de-ranking and if you play her in high tiers, you’re throwing.
That is not viable.

11 Likes

She is underpowered and unfun. Lol. You pretending like the evidence doesn’t exist doesn’t make me wrong.

7 Likes

And that is certainly fair enough, but not really my question. I was wondering why it matters how long she was meta for? Why is that an excuse against balancing her better?

1 Like

The only thing Mercy is really good at now is pocketing really. And that leaves the rest of her team with getting minimal healing from Mercy.

And I’m pretty sure Ana was playable before the support changes.

3 Likes

Cause she is both. mindblown

3 Likes

I want her to be fun again, but mercy was meta so much time that other supports werent played as much. Now im seeing a variety of supports in my games.
I really like that.

A variety of supports? Do you mean literally everyone but Mercy? :thinking:

6 Likes

Im diamond on xbox and i see mercys. Not as many as before, but i do see them.

Ok, then this is why she’s still viable in your eyes. You play on console. On PC, she quite literally is underpowered and unfun.

1 Like

Oh well there’s the problem. You play on console. On PC you almost never see Mercy’s anymore lmao.

1 Like

Repeat with me

:clap: mercy :clap: players :clap: dont :clap: want :clap: mercy :clap: meta :clap: they :clap: just :clap: want :clap: mercy :clap: to :clap: not :clap: be :clap: trash

13 Likes

I also play on pc, but i see mercys still

You’re in gold. The rank where Mercy is supposed to be viable. That being said, in that rank, she still had atrocious stats.

2 Likes

And during that long time she was op Mercy players didn’t want to hear about the other heroes needing tweaks, now it’s all hands on deck for Mercy now that she has to compete with other picks.

This is not balance. This is a balance seesaw. Mercy is strong? All of the other healers suffer. The other healers are strong? Mercy suffers. Her current design allows no in-between, balanced state. She’s either strong and dominating the meta or at the bottom of the tier list. If she was fun then that’d be a different story because many of us would rather her be fun and on the lower end of the tier list than boring and OP.

It’s selfish to tell Mercy mains to sit down and suck it up. You know what it felt like when your fav hero was out of the meta, it sucks. All us Mercy mains want is balance.

9 Likes

In what world did/do you live in.

2 Likes