Mercy was meta for a long time

and it IS the case, she IS balanced according to the freaking site but since that doesn’t go according to what you state anymore then the site is inaccurate, logic dude, you have none

Someone’s gotta be the lowest. Better Mercy than a hero who’s design isn’t bad for the game.

1 Like

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. This is honestly just a circus show now. The website clearly proves that she is underpowered.

I’ve :clap:t2: Never :clap:t2: Said :clap:t2: It :clap:t2: Is :clap:t2: Inaccurate. I said if it was inaccurate, I expect this to be said to you as well since you tried to prove your claim with Overbuff as well. That being said, it is still reliable. The only difference between what I presented and what you presented is that yours is inconsistent because it’s daily statistics and mine is consistent because it’s monthy statistics and her nerf was a month ago. If we’re going to be using daily statistics, I can turn around and say that her winrate was 39% at one point. I won’t though because that’s obviously ridiculous.

Yeah, no. I’d be fine with her being the lowest but she’s the lowest by a significant margin.

Another thread addressed to Mercy mains ?
Please don’t complain of Mercy threads spam afterward mh ?

Concerning your points, Mercy has also been non-meta for a long time, prior to her rework and after her rework+nerfs.
Ana has been meta at some point, Brigitte comes in, thus making another support Meta, people don’t want it(justified or not is not the point here).

In fact there’s some weird things where supports are freely hated, Mercy and Brigitte at the top of hate right now. But any other support becoming meta would cause hate I’m pretty sure. People just don’t like that a healer can revert or prevent kills.

lol well let me tell you one thing, you just made one hell of a show for everyone reading, I won’t be even explaining why just to irk you but everyone involved can see your bias by now, Mercy is balanced and thank the devs for that!

Mercy, an easy to access healer, has significantly lower win-rate and half the pickrate of a supposed high-skilled sniper healer who was intended to shine mostly in higher tiers.

Yes, seems balanced.

1 Like

Lol, you’re just in denial. Where’s Gordon Ramsay when you need him. :roll_eyes: That being said, it was fun discussing with you! even though you ignored most of what I said and just decided to go with the classic, your bias so you’re wrong card. what’s doubly funny is the fact you asserted something and gave no prove afterwards. At least you understand the point I was making. ;D

Brigitte is pretty mobile and way too tanky.

And yes, since team-resses themselves were as rare as team kills.

wait so Brigitte is just as mobile as Mercy according to you? just imagine brigitte zapping across the map while being practically unkillable… yeah that’s not even close to what brigitte can do

I said ‘pretty mobile’, not ‘as mobile as Mercy’.

Don’t twist my words, my dude.

And alas we have another person that has no idea what they’re talking about and generalizes all Mercy mains to the simple “We want our hero to be OP” type thing. We do not give a censored if Mercy is meta or not. We want her to be viable and fun, not OP. Get it right.

2 Likes

but we are talking about giving mercy dmg reduction which would make her as tanky if not more than brigitte herself unless it was something like 2% (in which case there’s no point in adding that)

So how am I exactly twisting your words if you yourself compare mercy to brig when I tell you that a mobile character should not be tanky?

Balance is not about changing who’s “meta” every few seasons. Just because a character goes OP for a year doesn’t suddenly justify their being underpowered. It’s not somehow “justice,” it’s just imbalance and a blight upon the game. The only acceptable state for a character to ever be in is “viable.”

If a character is underpowered, players have a right and duty to complain until that’s changed.

4 Likes

Aren’t all characters supposed to be viable picks high end? Isn’t that the goal of balance?

I do not understand the low skill arguments. It goes against the very idea of balance.

4 Likes

and they are, Mercy’s win rate has been stabilizing steadily since the change but it’s too soon to be asking for buffs and that’s the point, she’s not even out of the meta specially with the incoming changes to pharrah

All known statistics that we have point to her pick rate is continuing to drop as well as her win rate. If she were balanced, we would realistically start to see the win rates increase.

I don’t think the devs are ignoring her, I do think they want more time to assess the situation. That’s fine by me, but I reject the notion that this is arbitrarily too soon to be asking for anything. I think it is fair to ask that she be looked into.

but the win rates HAVE been increasing ._. she had 48% in GM a week ago and today she’s at 50%, if you take the monthly data every day you would see it increase from an abysmal 43% to current 46% people is adapting and finding better playstyles to her than simply left clicking

Ignore him. He’s citing daily statistics as if they are consistent and reliable. News flash, they’re not…

There’s a small uptick there while the rest of the time it has been decreasing over the past month. It might stabalize out, but I’m not convinced that it has yet.

Additionally, people were doing more than just holding left click before. My issue with her current state of balance is you don’t really pick Mercy for her job as a healer right now since she doesn’t actually do enough to do her job. Rez and Damage Amp are still powerful utility that she has, and I don’t think rez baseline on her kit will ever actually be balanced.

I think gameplay should be intuitive. I don’t think her current design is for the majority of players any more.