Mercy (The dev team is trying) ;3;

I climb 1 rank every season I’m currently sitting at plat because I started playing season 10 I think… I’m learning faster then a lot of people but what I have to say is. Put me in a game with Gm’s and it would be a 5v6 because they’re so far ahead of me it’s hard to learn. That’s like teaching someone how to drive a car then putting them in a race.

Exactly, because you regularly play with people your rank. If you were in a position where you got demolished by GMs say your first 10 games, unless you’re destined to be a gold player, you start learning from your mistakes in a way you wouldn’t be able to with people in your rank, because the people you’re losing to now are not getting lucky, they’re outskilling you.

That metaphor doesn’t quite fit the situation. A more apt one would be, say both of us are preparing for a car race and neither of us has raced cars. We only have 2 months to prepare, and we can prepare in 1 of 2 ways: (1) do random car races and then end up racing with people at your skill level? or (2) do car races with people you know that are better than you for the next 2 months so you can see what they do right and learn personally what you did wrong when you did it wrong?

What I’m saying is while trying to learn, you would drop out of that rank from loosing to often.

But what I said above was that I was playing with Top500 players…they were my friends so no matter how I performed I was playing with them.

Well then ok ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I play with my top 500 and GM friends all the time. As long as they’re not smurfing and carrying you in comp have fun. I guess I misunderstood and that’s my fault, Have fun playing overwatch😅

1 Like

According to a survey I did a while back, over 40% of DPS and Tank mains would also like to see Mass Res return.

Is that entirely accurate to the entire player base? Can’t truly say. But what I can say is that the claim of “only Mercy mains want it back” is objectively false.

1 Like

They definitely heard me all those times I said Shield Bash shouldn’t go through barriers.

Hmm. You’re an anomaly/exception. :wink:

1 Like

I must be, a lot of my suggestions show up in patches.

But hey, if you keep at it I’m sure you’ll start seeing changes that you agree with.

Blizzard and you must think alike. It’s rare to see things the playerbase wants being implemented into the game. :sob:

That’s not true. Take the Sym 3.0 rework, lots of players had suggested remote placement turrets, teleporter on E, and removing the autolock.

It’s just that Blizzard also likes to do their own thing a lot. I also think that they’re terrible at communicating to the playerbase.

I wasn’t on the forums during the Sym rework. :man_shrugging:t2: I’ve mainly been focused on Mercy.

Yes it was an issue, of the sr system, it was bugged giving mercy players tons of sr for wins and made them lose too little for a loss, this is where many say the hide and rez tactic was popularized

1 Like

They’ll probably end up changing her ultimate eventually, but they’re focused on other stuff right now. Back when they reworked her, it was obvious how much they care about Mercy, she was so OP that Valkyrie isn’t even recognizable after all the nerfs. People forget that.

Besides, the devs are moving the meta back into Mercy’s favor. Just you watch, she’s going to be meta again before she gets buffs.

1 Like

Isn’t that what some other heroes end up doing though? Reaper for example can hide and then come out and press Q, while not dealing damage during the duration of hiding.

She is still slightly underpowered. I wish they buffed her a little bit sooner or later.

Street Fighter updates, like, twice a year.

I honestly don’t know what to say I’ve never played a street fighter game before.

Most of us want her to be as fun and impactful as she used to be, not as good. We don’t care about her place in the meta as long as she’s impactful,skillful, and not op.

1 Like

People would complain a lot less about Overwatch if they spent a week in the FGC.

(It’s not a bad place, just a different mindset about balance and updates)