Mercy: The Best Off-Healer

Aside from the fact that this would be a terrible design choice and an affront to the entire Mercy player base, it’s not even remotely plausible.

You put Brigitten and Mercy in the off healer bracket. They have similar pick rates at many ranks. Brigitte’s win rates are about 6% higher than Mercy’s. She’s the highest win rate healer and Mercy is the lowest. In the untenable situation that Mercy is an off healer, then she’s the worst off healer.

Then they should buff res to compensate her awful healing.

I think it’s the opposite. They should remove res (which is awful) and make her a main healer again.

1 Like

It’s not awful. 50/s is fine healing.

2 Likes

And Moira was supposed to be an off support like Zen according to info that was released after last year’s BlizzCon. Funny how that worked out.

1 Like

In fact she was a main healer when her rez as Ultimate. No problems.

3 Likes

And a better balance dev might have done that for the benefit of the game. But even when I played WoW and Goodman handled class design and balance over there, he did hot-and-cold changes and reworks to classes and talents, endlessly. And even when he completely screwed up entire classes (and I mean across all the available specs), he absolutely never did a revert or admitted it was wrong.

He’ll, unfortunately, continue to drive the Mercy train right over the proverbial cliff, first. He doesn’t have much further to go.

I have nothing personal against the guy, but as a customer I absolutely hate his work. Overwatch, at this point, needs fresh leadership blood, and I mean both Kaplan and Goodman. People getting switched around between titles is not uncommon at studios that have multiple on-going titles (and more under development) as Blizzard does. But Overwatch badly needs fresh leadership from the top, down.

13 Likes

Blizzard stated Mercy is the purest healer and should all be about healing and mobility. Making her an off-healer contradicts that and doesnt make much sense for her. She is all about healing and helping other letting her shine in that role should be alright.
Rez was fine as her ult and even the issues it had could have been fixed with some tweaks. So yes her powerful heals and rez worked together very well without being an OPAF monster. That part came after the terrible rework the devs gave us and refuse to let go.
And even after the rework her healing wasnt the problem it was and still is valk and e-rez. Those two things need to go and if you ask me rez needs to go back to her ultimate in some form and valk can get deleted entirely.

Mercy is a solo main healer. Ana and Moira are multi main healers. Mercy works one at a time on spread out targets. The others heal multiple targerts grouped up. Think Zen compared to Lucio.

The problem arises when people need so much healing, Ana and Moira take on Mercy’s role, and Mercy is assumed an off healer. It’s a wonder three healers aren’t mandatory.

Stop sucking up so much healing, and maybe you’ll realize what roles heroes actually have.

If only Mercy had a powerful defensive ult like Sound Barrier or Transendence, then she’d be a strong off-healer

3 Likes

Finally. Someone who sees the truth.

1 Like

But she’s not working this way… She has the lowest winrate from all healers which is even below 49%… it is not okay.

Also, being an “off-healer” doesn’t fit in the role of a “pure-healer” Mercy trully is.

She had the highest healing output, but keep in mind:

• she is pure-healer
  • she heals 90% of the time contrary to others
  • has 0 burst-healing option other healers do

Mercy was a “must-pick” bcos of REZ and VALK.
Rez lost its importance since Ana’s Nano is basicaly REZ now.
Valkyrie got hit really hard with 17% hps nerf, it charges noticeable slower and 50 healing makes it nearly useless, besides dmg boost aspect.

Right now, there is little reason to pick mercy, those are:

• Pocketing pharah, which rarely works out now
  • double sniper meta, which slowly dies

She cannot keep up with healing allies against normal dmg, I am not talking about ultimates, just normal incoming fire from enemies. Also healing 1 tank as her takes eternity.

She’s in very bad spot now.

4 Likes

I completely agree with this but I feel like if Mercy isn’t a main healer, why even play her? Like her res is overpowered which needs to be changed soon but she is suppose to be a MAIN solo target healer. I don’t know if this was their intentions of making her an off healer, but if not, it’s completely hypocritical of her playstyle.

4 Likes

I don’t like the direction they’re going with Mercy, but I suppose we gotta conform to what she is now while still discussing her balance.

Well, assuming they didn’t make Mercy any more powerful than she has right now.
And that they don’t make Rez any more powerful than it is right now.

What buffs and counter-balancing nerfs would you like to see?

The problem lies on: Mercy does not have important abilities (if your main tank died, you will not have the chance to revive him anyway) to help the team survive. And most of her core set enables the gameplay of a main healer. Moving her to a off-healer, and most of all, comparing Mercy who has a pretty meh kit to a character that have a kit far more overloaded like Brigg is delusional at most.

Scrap Valk and Res.

Give her an AOE version of Miracle Worker that BTC proposed as her Ult and Pacify as her E ability.

why don’t they just combine valk & rez at this point. Rez in and of itself is so volatile to just get off, so why make it more cumbersome for the mercy main .

If Valk was only used for Rez allowing you to fly around the battle field bringing back one person at a time over a period of 6 seconds or so it might be interesting. It shouldn’t have chain healing or damage boost though.

And now maybe she needs double the hps. make it 100