Mercy: The Best Off-Healer

This makes no sense.

The main use of the off healers is to have an ability that helps the whole team survive a team wipe. Which is why Lucio and Zenyatta are so awesome and why Symmetra 2.0’s teleporter was crucial. Brigitte also did this and still sort of does this with her ultimate.

However, using Mercy as an off healer with Ana or Moira leaves your team completely exposed to the team wipe. Which is why I got to veto this classification of Mercy as an off healer.

2 Likes

It’s like if Blizzard reworked and kept nerfing Tracer and turned her into something else.

Or if Widow/Hanzo had the Mercy treatment and became only useful at mid ranges instead of long ranges, like they were originally designed and why their playerbase picks them.

Or if Blizzard reworked and nerfed Rein enough that he became considered to be an off - tank, not a main tank like he was originally designed, meant to be played and why the Rein playerbase picks Rein.

But, if it’s a support who gets their role/identity diminished? A ‘no aim, no brain, boosted’ (she’s not btw) Mercy? Suddenly, not much is done lol. If a DPS/tank lost their role identity like Mercy, maybe something would have been done by now lol.

1 Like

I 100% agree. I wonder how great this game would be if we had new people calling the shots. I have a feeling that a lot of these issues with our heroes (some of these issues being fundamental to fix) wouldn’t have been toleratedotherwise.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

I never said that valk needed to be nerfed. Im crticizing the reasoning for her hps nerf. Im saying the recent nerf felt like it was more about making room for cd rez in her base kit than about her healing stat

I’m talking about the grand scheme of things. That’s why it’s called healing per second. It’s about time. She requires more time to do the same thing.

Yes I know she literally heals less, but she effectively will heal just as much, it just takes longer.

I’ve seen arguments on forums far too many times. I’ll explain my point, but I’m not going to reply to you beyond this point purely because of this line

Right off the bat you’ve shown you don’t care about furthering a discussion, you care about belittling the person with the differing opinion, and by attacking them for their choice in wording no less, and I simply don’t have the capacity to deal with that. But here goes with my point like I said.

The “infinity” example was clearly no more than an interpretation of the entire point. She can heal just as much, it just takes longer. Remember when I brought up Y=mX+b? That still applies to the scenario. m in this case is healing per second. It can fluctuate throughout the game, but the concept still stands. Healing takes time, hence “healing per second”. Damage takes time, hence “damage per second”.
Yeah she heals less. Less over time. The game doesn’t last one second, where Mercy suddenly heals 17% less. The game lasts between 10-20 minutes generally, where Mercy is given time to heal, she just has to use more time healing.

Obviously I know she heals less, I’m offering an alternative argumentative point, I’m not shouting on the streets that the earth is flat…

Mercy isn’t just “healing” in a vacuum, she’s reacting to damage being done. All damage is happening at the same rate*, so if she’s healing 17% slower then she is in fact healing 17% less of the damage that’s coming in. That is, unless she was spending time not healing when she could have been. But Mercy usually is healing, and when she’s not, she’s damage boosting or shooting enemies. She’s never just sitting there doing nothing, so no matter what, she’s doing 17% less of something because healing is taking up 17% more of the finite time in a match.

*actually a lot of damage has been increased since they reworked damage dropoff for a lot of heroes, but we’ll ignore that

This is more Mercy and Lucio

This is more Brigitte and Zen

I agree with this 100%