Mercy super jump being made into a button press

I struggle with it too. But I wouldn’t have it changed to be made easy. Either get good or don’t play Mercy.

That’s like saying I can’t aim; so can we make Widows gun always hit headshots when it’s scoped in?

4 Likes

The superjump isn’t even hard. Having it gated behind random YouTube tutorials detracts from the polish of the game. It’s stupid.

And when I say it’s not hard I literally mean it’s not hard. I’m terrible at this video game and I can do it with no problem. It’s just muscle memory.

It makes sense, thought. Once you get used to it its fairly easy to execute but can still fail due to circimstance outside your control (i.e. latency, lag). It always felt like a cheesy exploit. If it is intended, then they should go all the way and make it properly and consistently accessible. This is Overwatch afterall - having Heroes that are easy to play (not necessarily easy to win with) is part of the game. After all these years people still seem to have a hard time grasping this simple fact.

Rocket jumps are an obvious concept that can be picked up by observation. Special key combos like Genji’s instakill can’t. It just looks like SS deals 200+ damage for other people, and 50 damage for you as a new player, and that leads people to quit the game. Mercy’s SH isn’t as oppressive, but it still drives people out.

Rocket jump is an old mechanic that is intuitive and observable. You can pick it up as you play.

Not knowing the exact count =/= knowing spread exists

Out

Make it clear in the F1 description that Q reloads the rifle.

All of them out or documented in official help sources.

Depth =/= secret handshakes. Genji isn’t deep because he can reliably stack bugs for an instakill. He’s deep because he can play very strategically and has a lot of options.

The only ONLY way this would be acceptable is if it was a console only addition since the controller layout is limited for input sequences.

PC I agree is fine and shouldn’t be touched.

1 Like

What exactly is the long term benefit of leaving it as a bug (that we’ll label “tech”) that is something you have to be “in the know” to understand versus actually adding it to the game? Elitism?

Mercy is already a easy mechanical hero. SJ was ONE of the few things that separated a good to a bad mercy ESPECIALLY on Console

1 Like

No please no. Leave Console SJ as it is. HARDER than PC, that’s the point

Mercy already caters to casuals, why cant there be a point where seasoned players pull of techs?

1 Like

Nah bro don’t say that, making mercy easier is a small price to pay to see Rez disappear.

Because learning a hero should not come down to seeing someone do something in game, wondering “what was that?”, googling it and having to look it up that way. The fact that using it is tricky is not the problem, it is that finding out that it exists is far less intuitive than it should be in a game like this.

Your post has so few words that I gotta say, I think you’re wasting space on the internet for this. Something more useful, like a picture of a potato could be here.

Also wrong. Its a game with a large target audience. If it were only targeted at a single group and only accessible to a single narrow group, it’d make like, about twee fitty in revenue.

Yknow how a business works right? People need to get off their high horse of overwatch being only leet super mega ultra pros.

Reality of the world is most people who play this game are either a teen or young adult who arent going to invest their live into game. Its a game. Not career.

Some quotes from blizzard:
“Our goal with Overwatch is to create an awesome FPS experience that’s more accessible to a much wider audience while delivering the action and depth that shooter fans love,” Mike Morhaime, CEO

“It has a broader audience target, very diverse characters and great stories behind the characters along with the opportunity to build an eSports component, which we are just starting to do,” Kilpin

I could not find a single reference that stated anything other than a desire to target a broad audience.

Well you know as well as I do that the Blonde Lady Bad crowd will find even more excuses to cry and whine about, even as pathetic as this.

Dont touch the tech in anyway Blizzard.
I cant believe im saying this, because its literally the most tilting thing I see on the forums but…
Super Jump… is fine

2 Likes

Oof, I forgot…

Oh no, Soldier 75! With his factors consisting of S25, S15, S5, S3, and S1!

Increasing “skill” to a hero is not a good reason to leave bugs in the game and call them “tech” in my opinion. There’s no intuitive way to ever figure out that flying with GA while using crouch then jumping at a certain time would ever launch you in the air.

A decent compromise might be making it a button press, but with a limited time window to activate. The current instance of it is just dumb.

The post I saw said they made super jump into a feature after they patched it out of the game, as in it was patched out and then re-added as an actual part of mercy’s kit

“ Mercy’s glide jump was something that wasn’t really intended but we ended up having to fix for unrelated reasons. When we did that we went ahead and implemented it as a real feature of the hero so it works a lot more consistently now.”

they don’t mean handi-capable vegetables

weird how i didn’t ask wow

The most they can do is streamline it then for console only. Again the controller on consoles have less layout options and the input speed vs that of a mouse and keyboard.

I doubt it’ll be just a button push though. Goodman said he’d “look into it”…much like he said about her damage boost and a possible ability to her reload.

anyone got a link to the actual statement that was made?

edit: nevermind, Wyoming Myst wrote up a fantastic summary thread