Mercy: So Whats Next?

OP, feel free to add this to the OP:

1 Like

Oh yes thank you, I didnt know they had made another thread on Mercy. I always liked the pacify ability and was hoping I remembered right

2 Likes

It’s within a percentage point of Hanzo’s.

1 Like

Why are we comparing a support to a dps? Shouldn’t we just determine whether she is a throw pick by looking at the other 5 supports?

1 Like

Because Hanzo was a character in the same winrate range I thought we could all agree isn’t a throw pick.

Hanzo isn’t a support.

Fine, whatever. It’s 2% under Lucio. Which isn’t good but I wouldn’t go so far as ‘throw pick’.

Really if you listen to the winrates, the overwhelming message isn’t “Avoid Mercy”, it’s “Play Brigitte”.

Her pickrate is steadily decreasing. People have no reason to believe that it will increase again. :man_shrugging:.

More like, “WHY MERCY? GO ANA OR MOIRA!!” That’s just my opinion though.

3 Likes

No seriously Brigitte has a 2-5% winrate advantage in most ranks. It’s bigger than the Mercy disadvantage.

Also the winrates are kind of suggesting that dual off healer comps are a good idea, the off healers are fairly consistently above the mains.

1 Like

Well, and before the Mercy rework the dominant support meta was double off healer in the Lucio Zen dive. Mercy 2.0 was a monster, but it isn’t because she was outhealing the competition.

1 Like

Nicely written. It feels like we’re reaching the end of an era with Mercy… Whether that’s for better or worse depends on how much the devs are willing to use our feedback.

2 Likes

Fantastic post here, hope the devs read it.

The only thing I would change would be bumping her healing all the way back to 60hps. If she isn’t going to have any offensive capabilities whatsoever, she deserves to be far and away the best healer in the game. Just my opinion.

Otherwise great write up!

5 Likes

So i was thinking, maybe her E could wrap her wings around an ally and will make her and her ally invulnerable for 2 seconds, this would have to be high CD cause this could be very powerful. if she used stupidly she would most likely die after because she and the ally she used it on would lose ability to move during cast and neither can use abilities. When she Valks her E would upgrade to resurrection, this would be instant and and only allows 1 person to be resurrected. You can also add the healing boost and change it to single target beam.

I got your answer; Jeff will be tricking us again with a pretty skin, so us Mercy mains will be hyped and will keep playing her.

2 Likes

Honestly, Valk seems more of an E ability at this point rather than an ult.

She just presses Q and hovers from team to team, thats it and hope to god the enemy team doesnt outdamage your healing. Yes, so fun and invigorating. Compared to Ressurection where you have to be careful with your ult and time it and save your team; which heavily relies on you position.

Valk suits more of an E ability at this point rather than an ultimate and Ressurect should just go back to an ultimate with the tweaks OP have suggested.

Mercy being bad now makes me frustrated. Resurrect is a cancer on the game, and instead of delivering a real, extreme nerf to it, they decided to nerf other parts of Mercy’s kit to compensate, and we ended with this hollow bot. Mercy is defenseless compared to Ana and Moira, but she has much less healing because of how flat-out broken Resurrect is.

Fixed resurrect is fixed Mercy. As long as Mercy has resurrect, she’ll be stuck on the “Main-Healer or Off-Healer?” limbo of lacking burst heal, and will be overshadowed by the other bursty main healers, and overshadowed by the defensive ultimates of Zenyatta and Lucio.

2 Likes

As a really tired Mercy main, I applaud you for your long and well thought out post. I think your ideas are game changing but quite balanceable. I would enjoy having mass-res, as I never experienced it myself. With the tweaked, more balanced mass-res and an E ability I’m sure Mercy would be much more fun and engaging.

Much love, R0s3Thorn :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Actually, I believe it’s rumored she will be one of the next two heroes to get an All-Star skin.

Much Love, R0s3Thorn :purple_heart:

I still cannot understand the hold this character has on people to write almost daily these revert/rework manifestos… we need more variety to healing than having Mercy in every game. If you don’t like her playstyle, switch, it’s what everyone else in the community does…

2 Likes

he just said no
to an idea he thinks is bad
how is that a troll
thats what a real troll is
i dont see there having a different opinion