Mercy Skin for BCRF

I am not missing anything. I’m merely bothered that one of the two skins I’ve heard people say things relating to, “I love how short the skirt is. I could bend her over and —-Edited for language—- all day,” is related to breast cancer.

Edit to include: I’m not playing the victim card. You’re just not interested in a calm discussion.

And I’m not discounting that some people find this skin to be sexualized, the fact that some people do, doesn’t instantly make the skin sexualized.

I think the thing is that it’s easy to dismiss something as being ‘not sexualized’ if you don’t find it sexy. That could be what they’re trying to get across and are instead wording it poorly.

Well I’m not going to cover every single kink known to man now am I? I’m talking about the most common ways people are sexualized.

Then report them.

You can say that about all of her skins, every skin she has is skin tight, they can all be sexualized in a way. This one is just more obvious due to it be plastered all over the game splash screen, the game launcher and all over the forums and website.

Just because some people are being idiots doesn’t mean that you should feel the need to go on some campaign to try and have a high quality skin changed. Report them and move on.

I don’t think the skin is oversexualising mercy. I think its gorgeous. It reminds me of the magical girl genre/barbie. Both these things are very close to my heart. Besides it doesn’t really reveal anything. All I can see that might make it mildly objectionable is the fact that the skirt is a bit under knee length. It looks like it was inspired by sailor moon. Is that really a problem? Are we in the dark ages now? She’s almost completely covered, unless shoulders tantalize you now.

Except that I’m NOT campaigning. I’m sharing thoughts on a public forum for the game. You are the only individual actively attacking people right now. And before you say “I’m not attacking people”, and you might not be, I’m simply telling you it is how it comes across. I’m not angry nor playing a victim card. Just sharing experiences.

Lol pointing out hypocrisy is not attacking someone. You need to turn the dial on the offendo-meter to the left. This is a forum for discussion, your comments are not immune to criticism, someone criticizing you is not a personal attack, things are going to be ok.

Again. I’m not offended.

Magical girl animes are sexualized too tho. Lol. I don’t think they’re obersexualizing her I think they’re sexualizing her as much as they always do.

I’m not saying is evil or something. I’m just confused as to how people don’t consider it sexualized.

Bruh. You are literally the only one here right now that is losing control of his (or her) emotion.

Been watching this thread the past hour, and you’re the only major firecracker here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Correct. But given the situation, and to be clear IM NOT OFFENDED, it is my personal opinion that it just seems inappropriate considering that people actually afflicted with breast cancer rarely feel sexy.

I just believe there are better ways to make someone feel empowered than sex or sex appeal.

Pointing out hypocrisy = emotional. Good talk.

Is it a bad idea to try and make people with breast cancer maybe feel like they still can be/feel sexy?

If that’s what people get from this, how is that a bad thing?

Because the things the skin make them feel sexy about are breasts, legs, and hair, two of which are things many breast cancer survivors lose.

So how are they supposed to feel about themselves outside of the game when that is what they feel defines them? Not her power. Not her skills. Her beauty.

I certainly don’t think her ability to fly, rez people from the dead, or heal with a magical beam are going to translate to empowering them in the real world.

The fact that she is attractive is all that someone can relate to?

This is emotion. Hypocrisy would be calmly associating an action or claim against a later action or claim that completely goes against the original argument. Basically, finding contradiction.

Your argument style is textbook fallacy use. You grew passionate, focused on a singular line, notified the OP as the one being “hypocritical”, and then continued to focus on that point.

Your focus is on insults and quick, witty responses that hold no constructive or real analytical function. Your message might have intent, but you’re filling it with fluff.

Have a functional conversation, don’t throw stuff at people. You’re derailing the argument, and hurting your own message.

That is quite literally the entire point of this discussion. I am arguing against that being the only selling point of the skin. You are calling me offended and hypocritical for not calling for a complete rework rather than adjustments.

That’s our interactions right now.

Since this thread is spiraling into a negative place, I am locking it.

Just a friendly reminder, all users who engage on these forums are expected to be civil and respectful. Users who breach the Forum Guidelines will find their posting privileges revoked.

Thank you.

5 Likes