Mercy should heal more - suggestions

I think Mercy is designed to be a main healer and I believe in her current state she just is not viable. I know she can be useful in specific situations but she should be made more applicable in my opinion. There is no need for anything complicated. There is no need for anothe rrework. All she needs is to be able to heal a little more in order to keep up with main healers. Here are my suggestions:

• After healing continously her beam charges from 50 hps to 55 (similar to Symmetra beam). After not healing for a while it goes back to 50.

• Healing while ulting is constantly 55 hps. No need to charge it.

I bealieve this will make her a strong healer, not changing her playstyle at all because she is all about constant heals, but also not making her op. What do you think?

8 Likes

she doesnt have to be viable…welcome to the club with half the rooster.

6 Likes

I think it is a decent idea. But scrap that 55 nonsense and the ramping up, and the difference with valk. 60 HPS or bust. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I personally vote for a rework

9 Likes

Sadly, I think the devs are to proud to revert the nerf. THey have never done anything similar.

2 Likes

Mercy heals more than ana but less than moira.
She’s right where she’s supposed to be.
So the question remains - y tho?

4 Likes

Those are different types of healing. Moira and Ana have powerful burst healing limited by ammo and aim (Ana) or range and resource meter (Moira).
Mercy provides constant, unlimited healing. She should not have burst heals, she should not outheal Moira, but I still think she should heal more than 50 hps.

3 Likes

Sure. Just get rid of rez and we can buff her whole dang kit.

But she’s not getting anything while we still have rez.

5 Likes

For me she hasn’t been to weak from what I’ve seen the nerf barley put a dent in pharmercy

1 Like

Promotes pocketing tbh. i think it should be the inverse so it discourages pocketing and promote juggling

1 Like

They reverted the 60hps buff though :thinking:

Originally, I thought the same. After thinking it through, I want it to reward actually healing so if you change targets fast it still charges (like Symmetra does). If you keep your beam on a full health target you lose charge.

Might work. But might have a few unintended aide effects like you losing charge when you accidentally heal someone already at full hp. I guess it does reward healing but the prolonged targeting kind. Id rather reward quick decision making thru juggling. To each their own i guess

Can you guys stop with this Mercy thread spam, every day the same threads about the same topic the same discussions the same suggestions.

It won’t help, Mercy is there where the devs want her to be and there are a LOT other heroes who need more help (implying mercy needs help at all).

1 Like

Can you stop with your spam comments?

Doesnt really add much to the discussion.

10 Likes

Creating Mercy threads every day about the same stuff over and over again takes you where?

1 Like

Its a discussion. If people want to create threads about other heroes, go right ahead, nothing is stopping them, and if people want to talk about Mercy, theres literally nothing wrong with it as long as its constructive.

And no its literally not the same stuff everyday. Theres a few here and there that have suggestions that are different from one another, her state, her stat, what can be done to fix her, and what tweaks she could get.

5 Likes

:spider_web: Nah, something will have to give if we up healing and the only thing she has is her mobility and damage boost. I’d rather keep her launch heals than have them upp’d again at the cost of something else.

She can’t solo heal a team anymore and that’s fine. That’s no reason to panic. Two supports a team should be the norm. Just because she isn’t dominating and is more niche now doesn’t mean she needs buffs.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t know about this, I feel like it would make her more of a healbot than she already is. In order to get more healing you would just have to constantly heal instead of using, what I think, is the best part of her kit - damage boost. Making it so she has to heal to gain more healing makes her incredibly passive and discourages use of her pistol and damage boost which shouldn’t be.

Considering the amount of utility she has you would need to cut some of that to be able to have mercy heal @ 60hps.

1 Like