Mercy rework in a nutshell

Let’s use Zarya as an example

What if we made grav an ability and make her invincible for 20 seconds with her new ultimate. That is basically the Mercy rework in a nutshell.

The Mercy rework is making something too strong to be an ability, an ability, while making their ultimate also extremely strong causing them to be more busted than a hammered vase.

6 Likes

What I dislike the most about the rework is that they didn’t even attempt to tweak Mass Rez, they got rid of it as soon as possible so that the OWL wouldn’t suffer.

14 Likes

Sad thing is that she most likely wouldn’t have been used that much in OWL anyways.

6 Likes

Getting rid of it was the right decision.

Adding it onto an E ability is where they f*cked up.

1 Like

Graviton Surge is now an ability that can be activated once every 30 seconds. In order to successfully activate this ability, Zarya has reduced movement speed and is locked in a two second casting animation

Zarya’s new ultimate called Overload, supercharges Zarya’s gun and creates a permanent barrier around her for 20 seconds. Along with this, Zarya also receives infinite ammo and gains increased movement speed. Zarya’s new ultimate voice line is “Together, we are strong!”

1 Like

“We BelEive ThiS iS a SucCeSSful ReWORk”

6 Likes

This is correct, but only in the situation that they would even have a Mercy. They could have easily added simple LOS restrictions, a small cast time or even just getting rid of invulnerability (and just MAYBE making it a slight damage reduction instead).

Mercy in a nutshell… kinda

…Umm, orisa literally has a mini zarya ult.

I mean grav on a cooldown. Literally grav on a cooldown.

Screw it let’s move every hero’s ult to their E. Now who’s unbalanced?

In the end I agree with you. Now I want a fun balanced Mercy. I dont want rez as a E.

Even if I miss mass rez I just want her to be balanced and fun

But mercy can only ress one ally on a 30 second cooldown and it has a cast time, i know the mercy rework is a failure and solo ress is op but i just felt like pointing out that orisa has a ability version of grav.

Well this is before the next 11 nerfs that Zarya would recieve. If you don’t remember, Mercy could res 5 people in 20 seconds when her rework first came out.

So Zarya could just throw out 5 gravs in her new ultimate over 20 seconds while being invincible.

1 Like

I remember…those were dark times shivers run down the spine

You can’t answer the question of whether or not it was the right decision. They never tried balancing it for us to even judge.

1 Like

What? Mercy became more op, it was obviously the wrong decision.

I’m talking about the removal of mass rez.

Such a failed rework. They should have just removed rez from the beginning, dealt with the aftermath of furious mercy mains on the fourms for a while, then continued with a much more balanced game.

But here we are over a year later with the stalest support meta imaginable.

What the other person was saying is that they never even tried to balance Mass Rez in anyway for us to judge whether or not it could be done.
Surely it was possible when you take into account that in Season 2 and 3 Mercy was considered a troll pick and didn’t become viable until they gave her invulnerability during Rez and then decimated Ana. Surely reverting to what was called “F Tier Mercy”, with a more consistent Ana and now Moira which is another alternative consistent main healing when played good enough and doesn’t suffer from the same aim criteria as Ana but still requires a bit.

If they could properly fix Ana without turning her into a steam roller again, then maybe things could be different and we would at least have 3 viable main healers, with Mercy likely having a lower pick rate if she was back to season 2-3 standings because it took a lot more skill to survive with her then compared to now and if she was killed multiple times and therefore not getting good rez charge, then there is now a suitable alternative that does not require great aim to switch out with.

We would suffer less with all this by having more viable supports in the game for both main and off healers. Tanks suffer from the same issues. If we had as many choices as damage does, we might not suffer with all this stale garbage. Even damage could do with more as well but just in general more characters would result in more variety and more viable team compositions at any one time.

Also, Ana could do with something to increase consistency.
Perhaps a system where shooting her team mates does not consume ammo but shooting enemies or missing does. This rewards healing but allows Ana to be safer if she gets jumped. She will likely have full or close to full ammo if she gets attacked. It would also be nice to see a weapon switch option in a sense that it switches a shooting style from pre-heals and shooting through full team mates.