Mercy... ResidentSleeper

Stop rewarding people for playing borderline automatic heroes.

It’s unnecessary, and terrible game design. If someone spent several in-game hours on Ana, they should be able to play her and not get flammed and begged to play Mercy. If your aim is good, you should be rewarded for it more-so than other heroes who don’t require much thought at all.

You make the argument that ‘she requires good positioning’ and ‘she requires pristine decision making’ as if no other hero requires that except for her. You’re not special, Mercy mains. Believe it or not, other Supports always think about the same things. It’s not enough to just say “she is defenseless” because she really isn’t. If a ‘good’ Mercy knows where to stand at whatever time, she won’t die. Why? Because she has an overwhelming self-heal and the best mobility in the game. On top of that, she has the best ability in the game, and she requires no skill in the aiming department. Yes, the game is a MOBA, but it is also an FPS. A hero that betrays every single factor of an FPS game should not dominate as much as Mercy does. If anything, more difficult heroes should be rewarded but they’re not. If anything, they’re thrown in the dumpster and ignored.

I hated Tracer just as much as anyone else, but I understand that she is one of the hardest heroes to play well. Now she is borderline unplayable because of one hero that requires no form of practice or dedication.

It’s just not fair. It’s terrible design.

13 Likes

Stop whining, everyone plays the hero they want,

No hero is braindead and all heroes are skillful in different means

Its a game about switching and team games,

28 Likes

Your most played characters are ones who have turrets that do half their job for them… Probably not the best messenger to talk about “borderline automatic heroes”

6 Likes

Step away from the game and come back when you’re no longer this angry, its not good for your health or mental health.

2 Likes

Believe it or not the people who beg for a Mercy instead of the two healers you already have are the problem NOT the people who play Mercy mostly because they enjoy her.

I wish all this flaming of Mercy players would stop, it’s boring.

6 Likes

Firstly I agree Mercy is residentsleeper hero.

I do however have to disagree about decision making and positioning being needed to play Mercy. It is very hard to make a wrong decision when you have guardian angel and even if you do it is off cooldown immediately.

Lastly I would still rather have a Mercy on my team that any other healer on ladder, as at least with Mercy you know you are going to get healed as most Mercy players are good healers, can’t say that about the Ana’s I play with.

Mercy Mains keep up the good work with your kinda boring to play hero, us people on ladder need you to heal us when Ana won’t/can’t.

2 Likes

Maybe at low levels of play, the higher you climb 1.5 sec cooldown might as well be a death sentence with how good everyone’s aim gets. Heck even widowmakers headshot me mid flight all too often.

Mercy either needs a weakness or a counter.

Brigitte is hard countered by Snipers/Pharah.
Zen is hard countered by Tracer/Doom.
Ana is hard countered by Doom/Genji.
Lucio is shut down hard by Sombra.
Moria… she just lives forever tbh but just heals & has no utility so w/e. Kinda countered by McCree and his stun. Sombra as well.

Mercy has everything. Good heals, good mobility, good damage buff, good self-sustain, thin hitbox. Ngl, she’s the strongest hero in the game with zero drawbacks. There’s not a hero in the game to recommend if the enemy Mercy is giving you trouble, it’s just “solo ult her.”

1 Like

Mercy’s counter is Sombra, Sombra is terrible and isn’t played.

Then you are not using it correctly, if you are willy nilly floating about you deserve to get sent back to spawn.

I thought it was easy to use and didn’t require skill.

I do however have to disagree about decision making and positioning being needed to play Mercy. It is very hard to make a wrong decision when you have guardian angel and even if you do it is off cooldown immediately.

Your post implies it should be easy for me to use it effectively and I should have plenty of time to reuse it if I screw up.

I agree with this on so many levels. In no case should Mercy ever be more rewarding than Ana.

1 Like

Mercy’s ill equipped for any kind of fighting. That’s her drawback, and literally any hero can take advantage of that.

Than why even have Mercy in the game? Might as well just delete her and every other support that isn’t Ana.

Every other support has different options/approaches to the issue. All that is there to hard counter Mercy is a underpowered, buggy, hero…

Mercy is OP. She’s perfect hero that’s been queen for a year and a half.

Instead of receiving a critical argument, I just got insulted. I didn’t expect anything less from the Mercy community.

1 Like

Alrighty I’ll say what I’ve said on every Nerf Mercy thread: yes she’s too easy to get value out of when compared to other healers. However, I have never seen a suggestion that actually raises her skill floor. A nerf like “remove rez” doesn’t actually make her harder to play, it just makes her slightly worse. But she would still be incredibly consistent.

Want changes? Ok. I would encourage you then to offer a change to her mechanics for us to debate.

It doesn’t make any sense that a hero that takes a large amount of practice is so much less helpful then a hero that can just be picked up and be instantly rewarding.

1 Like

She’s been queen since her rework, that was in september, which was 9 months ago, and Moira was starting to compete with her after she came out and all the Mercy nerfs happened, than the meta shifted.

It’s not a big enough drawback.