Mercy quality of life changes

Hello there!

No this is not about balancing her or about asking for another rework/revert you can find enough of those threads on the forums already. This thread is about some QoL changes I would like to see for Mercy. Of course you can share your opinion on them and provide other points as well.

First point her “on fire rate”.

This one is pretty simple it would just be nice if the devs could take a look at her “on fire rate” and make some changes here. It is already bad enough that a lot of people think they are unimpactful with her but the game itself telling you you are doing nothing is even worse.
So please take a look at it and make some changes accordingly please and thank you.

Second point her guardian angel targeting.

Many people already suggested this so I will bring it up once again. There are two options for her GA either you fly to the person you are looking at or you fly to the person your beam is attached to.
What would be an amazing change is a hybrid version of this. What does that mean? Well it means if you look at a target you will fly to them regardless if your heal/dmg beam is attached to someone else. And if you dont have a target and use GA you fly to the person your beam is currently on.
This change would awesome and make a lot of Mercy players VERY happy I believe.

Third point her recent super jump bug.

Sorry for making it more public with this thread but they will find out sooner or later anyway (maybe that would take 2 years lol). The question here is if you want to remove the bug entirely or make it a feature like the bunnyhop.
Of course having more fluent mobility options at your hand with Mercy would be a cool and nice little change. But I think it should be implemented by choice instead of living on as a bug.

Alright thats it already thanks for reading and please share your constructive and civil feedback below. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Edit: Here are some more suggestions from QuizzyBunny.

25 Likes

A QOL thread that suggests actual quality of life changes? That’s new.

In all seriousness I support these changes especially the second one.

9 Likes

:blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I think the 2nd one could end up feeling super buggy due to ping.

Right now, you shut off beam to swap to a new target and then jump. If you aren’t targeted on them, no jump.

I could see your change creating a lot of situations where you target new guy with beam attached to old guy and… jump to old guy cuz server identifies new guy moved off your aim even if on your screen he didnt.

Also… vertical leap should be a feature and I’m hoping the recent nerf facilitates making it a reality cuz she couldn’t have it before.

1 Like

Do that. Devs know Mercy mains will complain a lot otherwise.

But they also don’t want the game to be played using glitches as the primary way to win.

I’d imagine just keep the input method the same, but widen the window of time it can be performed.
(Or have some optional toggle between double jump during GA and crouch jump during GA)

Bump.

A higher rate of fire would be a straight up buff, not a quality of life change. She doesn’t need that.
The hybrid guardian angel targeting would be a nice change.
The super jump is a bug, it should be removed (fixed). It can be very useful but is not intended.

Could be a problem yes but we dont know that for sure.

Can you try not being a toxic troll for once? You are a terrible person for real.

Overbuff shows that her on fire rate is terrible low and way worse than any other hero in the game. I dont see how it would be a buff to give her a decent on fire rate again.

1 Like

Again? The fire rate was always the same, it never got changed (outside of the valkyrie nerf when the pistol shot like 50% faster).
If you give her a higher rate of fire she can defend herself easier and does more DPS, that’s a buff.

I remember it pre-rework being way better you could get on fire on the regular. They never adjusted the scale for the rework thats why it is terrible for so long.

Since you asked nicely, sure I’ll edit it to be more neutral.

Oh you are talking about her on fire rate, I thought you were talking about the pistol fire rate xD
Well, whatever, I don’t really care about that, they can fix it if it’s needed but there is more important stuff than that I guess, the on fire rate doesn’t really do anything anyways.

1 Like

It may seem less important but its nice to be “on fire” ingame. People would at least feel a bit more usefull with it but of course there are more important things its just some QoL changes and no big balance thing.

Yeahhh her on fire rate is what, 2%? It’s very very low. I’m indifferent to the other two changes. But on fire rate needs to be looked at.

1 Like

I’d like the second one. Currently I have toggle beams off but I GA to whoever I’m connected to - however, if I could have this as well as GA’ing to whoever is in sight, it would be cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would absolutely love to see her super jump kept on as an ability. GA and super jump are the only 2 things left that make her fun in my opinion.

2 Likes

Yes they need to fix that so people can feel a bit more awesome when playing her. It is just sad when your entire team is on fire but you as Mercy supporting them all the time dont get any good feedback from the game.

Yes! I would love such an option as well. :smiley:

Would be amazing but I am not sure if they really want to do that or just fix the bug instead.

2 Likes

Bump

Thank you for opening a constructive thread!

Superjump should be adopted as a mechanic because it is healthy for the game. It is not strictly better than a normal GA because it places Mercy in the air in a predictable trajectory, exposing her to hitscan. So, it adds another layer of decision-making to Mercy’s gameplay. Also, it lessens Mercy’s dependency on teammates with vertical mobility. Synergy is good, but codependency is bad. Without superjump, Mercy’s balance might reach a point where she is OP with a Pharah, but bad everywhere else. That would remove nuance from hero selection, and so some version of superjump should remain in the game.

GA Targeting should also be changed to allow for separate keybinds for prefer beam target on/off. The more buttons Mercy has at her disposal, the higher her skill ceiling becomes.

Damage Boost should have an optional indicator for successfully-boosted damage. On live, there is no difference between hits registered by the recipient of a healing beam versus a damage boost. Some visual or auditory distinction between the two would help Mercy players practice quickly toggling between healing and damage boosting.

With these added options and feedback, Mercy would become a much more engaging and rewarding character to play.

2 Likes

Super jump is not a bug, it’s a feature now. It was a bug when she first got it but they reworked it and specifically said it’s a feature now. Even if they didn’t want to rework it in a way that allows her to get elevation it doesn’t matter that’s how they reworked it.
If they remove it and call it a bug now, the entire player base should get their pitch forks out.