Mercy QoL, bug fixes, and other welcome improvements

Hello everyone!

Since it’s now confirmed beyond any doubt that Mercy will remain exactly as she is now I want to draw your attention to the little things about her that’s currently annoying for the player because they are either pure bugs or aspects that could be improved upon.

General

• Mercy’s on fire meter is busted; her stats are less than a third of the second to last character. I doubt virtually every Mercy player are playing her so horrifically wrong to justify this. I suggest changing the numbers around to make her go on fire more (more fire for rez is a good start).
  • Can the info about Mercy’s Valkyrie be updated? Many believe that rez is enhanced in Valk as well, but as we know it’s not. I’d rather it just said “Mercy can now chain her healing or boosting to multiple allies, or choose to attack her enemies with unlimited ammo” as it describes what she actually does better.
  • Mercy’s current rez-achievement was made at a time when her rez would reset and have lowered cooldowns, not to mention being instant. Although I know it’s difficult to change achievements because of console it would be very appreciated if it was lowered to at least 4 rezzes/life.

Healing beam

• It would be nice if the info of who you have your beam on also shows the characters name and not just the players name (like Zen’s orb).

Rez

• Sometimes, mostly when a rez is made close to the end of the respawn timer, the target will not be rezzed and the rez will go on cooldown. Seems especially common in TDM for some reason.
  • When in Valkyrie your momentum when flying in to rez can sometimes carry you out of rez range. This momentum can be hard to control, and you don’t really want to slow down in Valkyrie as every second is precious, so can the rez range be made bigger once the rez has been initiated in Valkyrie?
  • When more than one person die in one place targeting the person you want to rez can be very buggy, and you end up rezzing the “wrong” person. For a vivid example of this “rez-roulette” see this clip: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gdb0l
  • (Console specific) Rez and Angelic Descent are currently tied together on console, and it would be great if we could choose to map them separately. Sure, there’s always X for AD, but you then have to use your thumb which is also the finger you use to look around.
  • It would be nice to have a timer similar to the one in the recent event that shows how much time is left before the rez is through; it won’t make a difference obviously, but it would feel better for the player to know how much time left before the rez is successful.
  • The animation still looks sluggish and as if the player suddenly lags, perhaps the animation could be made smoother in the future?

Valkyrie

• It would be great if we could have stats for how much healing/boosting/damage we are doing during Valkyrie similar to how Zen can see how much healing he does during Transcendence.
  • It would be nice if Mercy could get a card for amount of healing/boosting done in Valkyrie similar to how Zen can get a card for healing in Transcendence or Lucio one for barriers given during Sound Barrier.
  • Her wings currently don’t match the skin she’s wearing (always being yellow even when the skin have them blue for example). If you could re-color it to match it would be a nice aesthetic change.

Guardian Angel

• A hybrid mode between the current GA to beam target on/off would help making Mercy a lot more fun to use. My suggestion would be that if a target is in her reticule she GA to them, but if no target is there she automatically GA to her beam target. Mobility was a priority with Mercy as I understood it.
  • There’s a bug (?) where if Mercy tries to GA to someone too close to her she will be bumped backwards instead. To counteract this a minimum range is suggested. See here: https://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1-0a1b7b9d1a.gif

One final note

• If some day you might want to change up something about Mercy… she has an empty reload key she’s not currently using for her staff. You could either give her a third beam (meh) or completely new ability that could be more of a skill-shot mechanically similar to how Ana’s Sleep Dart functions. Another suggestion would be letting her switch to a more powerful single-target beam during Valkyrie.
66 Likes

72 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018