Mercy PTR Resurrect Bug

So I saw that the movement bug during Valk res was removed, but I wanted to ask if that could be a potential Mercy buff?

Now I know Jeff has commented that Mercy is fine and all, but for me, my request isn’t exactly about balance.

After getting to experience Resurrect with a cast time and not the slow effect, I feel absolutely SPOILED. That change felt SO FREAKING GOOD on Mercy’s Valkyrie and I WANTED to save Valk to res somebody just so I wouldn’t have to deal with the slow. It made Mercy feel so much more alive…

This change doesn’t affect quite a lot in the grand scheme of things. You’re allowed riskier resses, but they can still be denied/killed. Just without the movement reduction in her ultimate. And now that it can be booped, I think the reduction buff could be VERY warranted as Mercy could never be booped out of res in Valk. And I’ve had A LOT (at least 100) resurrects that should’ve been booped. This change will make Mercy feel even worse, while the free movement felt beyond liberating.

PLEASE, Blizzard - consider removing the speed reduction on Resurrect during Valk. It is still able to be denied, hacked, and even moved out of distance by accident. This just helps against that unwarranted boop nerf and makes Mercy actually feel AMAZING to play.

Please consider it, devs. I REALLY don’t think it would create any problems and it helps counter balance Valkyrie res being boopable now.

7 Likes

I agree, but I also know this isn’t a big deal

1 Like

Buff and Mercy can’t be in the same sentence without being prefaced by several nerfs

8 Likes

I know it isn’t, which is why I said it isn’t exactly for balancing purposes. It made Mercy feel AMAZING to play, though. I actually got excited to use Valk. And I love everything about Mercy EXCEPT Valk.

I hope and pray that this will potentially land in the game someday. It made Mercy feel better than I ever imagined it would to play her.

If enough people discuss how good this felt, they may consider implementing it as well.

4 Likes

Agreed. It would certainly be a nice QOL change for Mercy players, especially considering that the patch notes seem to be improving almost every other hero except her.

I believe such additions would make Valk more fun, engaging, and rewarding to play, and for me, actually feel like an ultimate. Hopefully we see more of these changes make their way live in the future. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

I know a lot of people call it a buff, even if its a bug… and it may sounds crazy… but removal of the speed reduction while in Valk may hinder a lot of people instead of helping… why? Cuz back before the speed reduction but after the 2 second cast time (back when I used to play Mercy), I would Valk and then go for the Rez, but Mercy’s speed during Valk would just make me go outside the 5 meter radius required to cast Rez… Rez would get cancelled.

I can see this happening to people once again. Go for the Rez, but fly away by accident.

Good luck Mercy mains tho.

1 Like

Actually it doesn’t happen. On the PTR if you GA and press space to res, it stops your movement entirely and you can continue to move after. It would stop you from canceling. And if you do cancel a few, you could always get used to it.

NEVERMIND THEN. Here hoping that they would actually give something to the Mercy mains… Rip the dream. Mercy is a joke to Blizzard.

6 Likes

That’s why I made this post… :confused: I’m hoping it gains enough traction that they consider implementing it.

1 Like

Once more blizz has crushed my hope… okay then. Its good to know so i’m not to waste my time anymore in overwatch.

“Good job” DEVS. You guys won’t get my trust anymore again.

Well, it’s over. Something like that would have been a good compromise to now being able to be booped/knocked back flying.

1 Like

You don’t buff Nerfcy. You only nerf her, true to her name.

2 Likes

At least it COULD mean they’re testing Mercy buffs?? It is awfully strange for the code in Valk res to change, but none of the rest of her kit changed. It is still coincidental, but they could have tested a buff??

Nope, it’s because they change the knockback

1 Like

The devs seem to REALLY hate how Res functions in-game, yet they’re the ones refusing to remove it. I hate how they’re just making the rest of us suffer because they made an overly iconic hero they now dislike the design of.

i would prefer res to be removed than mercy gets treated like this. really.