"Mercy players" that haven't played in a year

Went through her posts. She has never said he quit. I do know that she recently got temporarily suspended. Yeah, RevertMercy never claimed to quite. She just doesn’t play the game as much as before but that’s not the same as her not playing the game at all.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Mercy is very team focused, but it isn’t automatically Mercy’s fault if you lose. It takes skill and knowledge to play Mercy well. But I guess some Mercy players only say she is skilful when it benifits them.

I think the people you are talking about have played her enough to master these “skill and knowledge”.

I was replying to someone in gold who probably isn’t a master of Mercy.

1 Like

Honey there is nothing to “learn” about Mercy. She’s been stripped down to holding mouse one, not even her ult is different anymore. It’s incredible how some people actually think she’s still good or even ok. She’s absolutely terrible, can we finally accept that please? And don’t even start with “Adjust to her nerfs”. Mercy players have been adjusting for all of Overwatch’s existance! We “adjusted” to 14 nerfs to Mercy 2.0! Now we are at a point where there is absolutely no difference between a Gold Mercy and a Masters Mercy. The design of her ultimate and her Rez on E is just terrible and no buff will change that. She needs a rework.

5 Likes

I think Mercy requires less skill now than she used to require. I would very much like for her to require more skill in the future.

This midset is why people think she is bad. If you think there is nothing to learn, it’s your own fault if you’re bad with her.

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else or it was on the old forums then ,my bad.

That’s fine. :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing Mercy since open beta, so please don’t tell me what my hero is and what she is not. I actually think I know better than you, considering the fact that I was Top 500 with Mercy 1.0, palyed her for many more seasons after her rework but was just fed up with the last rounds of nerfs and decided to take a break after like 15 matches.

There is NO argument to support Mercys rework and her current state in the game.

8 Likes

Did I ever say that Mercy didn’t require some skill? No.
Mercy is however largely has much less impact than Moira and Ana.

Oh now we’re rank shaming and making assumptions. Cool. Honestly it is more like… I have zero desire to treat ladder like a second job… so I don’t. Then through a mix of Blizzard doing some real scummy things where for at least 2 seasons you were guaranteed to place several hundred SR less than where you ended and the general skill level of Overwatch naturally going up over time, sure I’ve fallen. You know what? None of that makes my opinion irrelevant.

1 Like

Omg same! Those were the days. :weary:

I got to GM and stayed there with Mercy after her nerfs. I never said I was against changes for Mercy. I want her to be changed. I just don’t think she’s as bad as people say she is.

Sadly she actually is. I wish she wasn’t as bad but the sad truth is that she actually is. There is no reason that justifies picking Mercy right now. Like, Zen and Lucio offer some crappy healing as well, but they got some game changing ultimates. Playing Mercy right now feels like playing a Lucio without an Ultimate and without his boop.

To the OP’s defense many people do the same as well and are seen as being extremely well credited.

So ignoring the OPs experiences simply because they don’t coincide with what you desire is rather petty considering probably the biggest advocate for Mercy’s return to glory does the exact same thing and when people call her out on the way you’re doing they get shot down as being a mercy hater.

I don’t like double standards I’m just letting you know that you are perhaps unintentionally doing so.

3 Likes

Alas, two wrongs don’t make a right.

What? He claimed that most Mercy players haven’t played the game in a while and when asked for said player, “Titanium and others” was his response. It’s pretty clear that he was being hyperbolic and generalising.

I doubt it. Do you have any examples of Titanium doing this?

1 Like

When Mercy was first reworked I had about 200 ish hours on her. I now have 310ish hours. I can say that I find Mercy more boring and a little weak but not overwhelmingly weak.

I have found swapping to be a fond strategy of mine if say the pharah decided to swap to counter a hero. Mercy Is more pick reliant than ever which is where I think Shen needs help.

She relies on what the team picks making her extremely situational and a detriment if no one is willing to co-operate but she can be a stronger pick if played with the team.

I’m no fan of current Mercy but I also don’t want to return to mass Rez. I prefer to see a new rework introducing a new ability and ultimate.

P.s my default hero to pick is Mercy but once the team has chosen I will swap to fit the comp accordingly if I have to. E.g I will swap to moira if it’s goats.

I play all healers except zenyatta because I just really can’t play him which I’m proud of, I have realised synergies between supports better and know when to run each support. Mercy has got the trouble of not really fitting anywhere as dive is dead and pharah is the next best thing. I think if they made her less team/pick reliant it would be a huge help.

1 Like

I never said most Mercy players haven’t played in a while. I just realised that some people that say Mercy is trash also say they haven’t played properly in a while. I thought it was common knowledge that many Mercy players have stopped playing as much as they used to. I don’t remember the specific names or threads from where I saw people saying this. I’m being honest, I don’t have a reason to lie, I’m a Mercy main myself. People like Animetic still play Mercy and do well with her. I thought she was bad for a while until I recently realised she is ok. She needs small buffs. I wouldn’t mind if she was reworked again, I just don’t think she is trash.

And yet here you are making another wrong by trying to literally bypass someone’s personally experiences. Similarly to an opinion you can’t simply call it off, it’s something that has been sparked from content more then likely you are unaware of. Just like how I can’t say your personal experiences are wrong you too can’t do so to the OP.

Again that’s a personally experience that one and other people have done so. Asking them to go through possibly hundreds of posts when they more then likely made the thread on a whim without large amounts of preproduction involved is a bit crazy. The Op trusted that their personal experiences as the main point is would be trusted which it has to be to some degree. Most do not have the desire to do such minimal tasks even to their better, using this common displacement as a form of invalidating someone’s argument is like saying “If you can’t see it, then it can’t be believed.” All of history happened before our births it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Understand their context and try to counter it, do not try to invalidate their context in general.

Do you have to the opposition? Also I wasn’t speaking of Titanium, I was talking about the person whom if I said their name they’d arrive with an entire posse of brain dead followers. My experiences are similar to the OP but more then likely drowned in my countless posts as well and not to exactly their context. Feel free to surf them to find what lies beneath, I can tell you I’m sure as hell not.

The point of the matter is, we all have to have a certain amount of trust for our fellow community members, if we have none them every argument is pointless and could be easily thrown away by, “I don’t trust then thus they are lying and their points are invalid.” Is that really the world you want to live in? If so then keep going on, if not then stop breeding it.

1 Like

The only one you could name is Titanium. :confused:

That isn’t the same as, “Mercy players that haven’t played her in a year”.

I’ll take your word for it then but it still is pretty generalising.

She de-ranked to Masters. >-<

I think she isn’t trash either. Just really underpowered. I can agree with you that she does need a rework. With or without mass Res.

Again, I am dubious because he only gave one example. As of now though, me and him have the same intentions; we want a Mercy rework.

I never said he was wrong. I was telling him that he shouldn’t make a post claiming that his personal experiences are true when he is unwilling to provide sufficient proof.

Like I said, if he’s going to make such a post, he needs to provide evidence. Otherwise, his personal experiences really do mean nothing.

Definitely not. You should not expect people to be obliged to listen to generalising personal experiences when that person is unwilling to give names.

Like I said, I’m not going to believe in something dubious unless there is evidence.

I really have no idea who you’re talking about… :confused:

This is mostly just your opinion. People are not obliged to readily trust people who make such claims.

Every argument is not pointless because arguments like this usually have evidence to back up their claims.

I want a world where we don’t make generalising threads and don’t conform to ad hominem. You don’t need to play the hero to know that she’s bad. Overbuff, media outlets and many more exist for this very reason so this thread was pretty pointless.

2 Likes