"Mercy players" that haven't played in a year

As someone with almost 300 hours on Mercy between all modes, there’s nothing I can do on Mercy that I can’t do with other healers (besides res)

Healing: I can pump out much more healing with Ana and Moira now.

Damage Boost: Nano Boost (Ult, but much more effective. With Moira, I don’t need to damage boost when I can put out my own damage while maintaining great healing.

Escape: Ana doesn’t have an escape, but I don’t always have issues with staying alive. Moira has fade and can easily defend herself

Ultimate: Ana doesn’t have group healing or boost, but she is normally run with Lúcio, who does. Playing Moira is the main healer to go for group healing and Ana is great for single target healing.

Mercy, in my eyes, has become just a sad version of an off healer. Not enough heals to be a main healer, but she doesn’t have the utility and ultimate to call herself a good off-healer.

Mercy has been my main since the game came out (beta I was a Sym main :joy:). I just don’t win with her, I don’t have fun with her, and I don’t want to play her anymore.

Sometimes I play her and then quickly realize why I switch off her. Only thing she does for me is win me FFA matches now.

1 Like

Yeah and maybe line of sight too. I hear people say it should be like Lucio’s where the actual rez part happens after she says heroes never die.

If you quit the game because of one hero getting nerfed, that says more about your one trick, non-self adapting self.

Yeah I wouldn’t wanna read your post history either.

No. I have lost 5 games in a row because someone has insisted they could heal us with mercy. Guess what? they couldn’t. So what ends up happening is everyone dies constantly while the enemy team rolls. A sad time for mercy players but at least some of us acknowledge she is a throw pick right now and know better than to play her. I just want Mercy to not be garbage anymore.

Cause Valk to me is unfun… All it is a glorified spectator mode. Mass rez felt more rewarding and I got to decide when to hold it or use it.

Mercy’s nerf after nerf shows me they have no idea how to balance Mercy then you add the various questionable nerfs/buffs to other heroes plus with how terrible this community is[this forum as well] doesn’t really entice me to come back to the game. I do miss playing OW but at the same time I’m glad I don’t have to deal with teammates fighting against each other like chickens.

Dude this is possibly the most annoying way to ever respond to a post. Just write a counter argument this feels like I’m reading random nonsense hobbled together. The worst part is that any future comments will likely be posted in a similar matter to this annoying way.

I don’t mind continuing to talk about this only as long as you ensure that this won’t be the replies I can expect because I refuse to keep looking at that mess of a response.

1 Like

This is mostly just opinion. I respect your opinion but will have to disagree. :blush:

Counter argument to this post? Well, it’s pretty self explanatory. This is just mild gatekeeping. Even if said players were giving their opinion on Mercy without playing her, there are a variety of videos and statistics that exist that make it so you don’t need to play said hero to give an opinion on the hero.

I don’t even want to continue arguing in this thread. Pretty sure the OP understood what I was saying.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Well if you’re gonna run I won’t stop you.

I can fly away with Guardian Angel. :yum:

So you do concede then? Easy win then.

Nope. Me and the OP settled this debate long ago. The argument was already over. :blush:

Good but I wasn’t talking about the Op’s topic I was talking what we were discussing. Do you concede on that? I don’t really care what you two talked about?

To argue without doubting the OP’s claim? As long as it isn’t generalising or far-fetched, yeah I concede.

That wasn’t what I was talking about in my posts but whatever. I don’t think explaining it to you will help if my original OP didn’t make it clear enough.

The counter-argument thingy? If so, then sure. I can do that next time.

Again not the point of my post but whatever. You losing is all that matters.

gotta love the unfun argument

how come its only mercy mains that use this one, if everyone did the same this game would be a mess

imagine the threads about every hero and their rework being “unfun” they would need to rework every hero every patch or so

Mercy was originally changed because Rez wasn’t fun to play against.

1 Like