Mercy or Misery?

I know I’m not the first one to point this out, but Mercy is a ridiculous character.

• She’s the only one capable of reviving fallen players.

• Can fly and slow fall, easily being one of the harder heroes to environmentally kill.

• Healing beam does more than the other characters AND can be made worse with her ultimate.

• Hitboxes are too forgiving. Has wings that seem to be exempt from being shootable.

• Damage boosting was already dangerous, but her ultimate makes it outright ludicrous.

Why do they refuse to do anything significant with Mercy? It seems like she’s the favorite support character of the developers. Getting a slap on the wrist when it comes time for nerfs. They could at least make her wings something to shoot, allowing for more opportunities to damage her.

I think the wings not being part of her hitbox is fine, even in valk. They’re not part of her. There are other ways to balance her

1 Like

She still uses them as an extension of her body. We’re able to shoot shields and other forms of technology that aren’t literal body parts.

I think shields are a little different than the wings counting as damage to mercy’s hp. Does Rein’s hammer take damage? I genuinely can’t recall.

The wings would be an ideal way to balance her. Mercy needs some sort of reining in. I invite you to counter my suggestion with something better or more fitting. As it stands, Mercy is duly in need of a more exploitable weakness.

I mean, I think rez just has to go.:stuck_out_tongue:

Sombra works pretty well.
Except she has to stay invisible to remain viable apparently…

I really, really wanted to say that. However, I knew that I would be jumped on if I said that coming right out of the gates. If they got rid of her resurrection entirely, I would shut my trap and be 110% satisfied. I fear that the Mercy mains are quite ornery and Blizzard is afraid of nudging them.

sits down next to Ana

“Oh the memories…”

I think it can potentially be replaced by something akin to Kharazim’s divine palm or Dazzle’s Shallow Grave, and if it’s still too strong dmg boost can go. But these proposals that keep mass rez and add a utility-heavy E while also keeping damage boost are just ludicrously broken.

-Healing beam is nerfed to a state where half of the support roster can outheal her , in Valk is the same value

-Damage boost is rarely used in Valk , 85% you’ll be using the Healing beam

-I think Jayne once explained her hitboxes and that she’s kinda predictable when comes to killing her

-Her Wings are fine

-The only solution to Rez is to turn it into earnable ability

2 Likes

Are you sure? Where are you getting these numbers

From Personal Experience and from what I’ve seen on Streams/Videos/OWL etc.

I’m skeptical of those numbers. I’ve seen plenty of damage boosting in Valkyrie. I would know since I’ve seen it in the kill-cams often. I die like a [redacted] when a Mercy thinks to use it.

No, she is the favorite support of more than half of the community that plays her. It’s like messing with Genji but what bothers me is that they think what they’re doing is right but they’re just making it worse. One day we’ll have a game that has viable characters but as long as they keep the mentality of “oh she has this so we remove this and not change this” we will never have a balanced game.

72.647% of online statistics are made up on the spot and exaggerated to make a point.

1 Like

I personally adore Zenyatta. He’s the reason I first bought Overwatch. Love me some omnics. Next to him, I really love Ana. When people ask me to play Lucio, the only thing that keeps me sane while doing so for my team; is to spam Parappa the Rapper or Jet Set Radio and climb every wall like an autistic assassin.

1 Like
  • And Sombra is the only one who can shut down abilities, Rein is the only one who can grab someone and smash him to a wall without him being able to escape by himself and so on
  • Enviromental kills are supposed to be hard to pull off. Beside that Lucio can wallride out of that too
  • Moira and even Lucio can outheal Mercy depending on how your team plays. And she is meant to be easy to use for new players.
  • She has a bigger hitbox than Ana.
  • And other healers can attack directly when they are not healing. And she can’t heal and dmg boost at the same time.
2 Likes

Oho I see what you did there

So, I’m pretty sure they will gut her kit till she has nothing left but her gun and her E because god forbid we get rid of that.

1 Like