Mercy nerf is the wrong direction

Her healing output is not a problem. It’s never been a problem. It wasn’t a problem when she was a troll-pick, it wasn’t a problem when she was was must-pick, and it’s not a problem now. That goes for everything in her base kit. Valkyrie and rez are the problem, those are what you should be focusing on.

Make rez an ult again. It doesn’t have to be mass rez, but it could work. Give it a line of sight restriction and a cast time. Replace invulnerability with damage reduction or remove it entirely. Or you can keep it a targeted ability, either with multiple charges or a single use that charges relatively quickly.

Give her a new midfight ability on E. Something that helps her and her team during the fight, and preferably synergizes with/allows her to more safely use her new rez. This could be a watered down valkyrie or something completely new. There’s lots of ideas going around.

Please, please, PLEASE listen to the people that play her. Our feedback and ideas have been binned in a dumping ground and ignored for months. The only time you’ve responded was to tell us that you aren’t changing her, then without any further communication you announce that she is getting changed, but in a way that doesn’t fix the root of her problems and only makes her worse to play. Please listen to us and to our ideas. We want her to be balanced and fun, and we have tons of ideas of how to achieve that.

79 Likes

I enjoy support but i’m forced onto this braindead hero 95% of the time because she’s a must pick… buffing the other supports and nerfing mercy is a great change for the game.
I might finally be able to play Ana and not get labelled a thrower! SMILE.

15 Likes

Totally aggree…

1 Like

dude pls… you know how it works, ana gona recive her buff and 2 weeks later they gonna nerf her again due to the dps players whimpers

7 Likes

You dont understand. The problem is not Mercy being nerfed but what part of mercy is nerfed.

Im a main Ana and im glad that this nerf will make her more viable but i also liked Mercy 1.0 and im sad that i dont enjoy mercy as much as before.

I just want Ana to be viable and Mercy to be balanced AND fun.

9 Likes

My friend, you’re missing the point. Mercy does need to be toned down, yes ,but this isn’t the problem with Mercy. This is just going to make Mercy feel even worse to play while not really changing how much she’ll be a better pick.

7 Likes

Agree with almost all of this. It’s mystifying how they could miss the problem with Mercy by this much. The fact that she overall heals more during a match was never a reason for people who knew what they were doing to pick her. Heck, at the higher and pro level massive healing only was super important during Ana-Multi-Tank, and that only because Ana’s healing was that absurd coupled with how strong Nanoboost was. At other times people ran Lucio/Zen who have absolutely pathetic healing together. Mercy only ever got into must-pick status because she can erase picks every teamfight now, THAT is the issue.

I am personally opposed to bringing back mass-rez because I absolutely hated it (as someone who plays Mercy btw.) but something needs to change. I’d give her a free rez or two during Valk, rework Valk too, and give her an E ability. Either a debuff/cleanse or non-teammate-reliant mobility.

1 Like

Ok so I agree with you that the healing wasn’t the main reason for why she’s so strong but I think healers in general have way to much healing output let me explain.

Why is Widow and Hanzo in every game?
Because they can both one shot heroes and healers can’t do anything about that and of course Hanzo can output an insane amount damage with his storm arrows.
But that leaves the rest of the heroes who can’t oneshot or have high burst damage behind.
I think that pretty much all healers need reduced healing so that a wider variety of heroes would be able to be played.
I would also really want blizzard to get creative with the support heroes instead of just this support heals and this support heals as well but wait this support is good at healing.

Damn Dps players

Everything is their fault.

One of them kicked my dog.

And another stole my GF

Right before he burned my house down.

9/11 was caused by Dps players

DPS players sank the titanic.

Everything is the DPS players fault!

7 Likes

well, an Iceberg sank it, and Mei IS a dps now :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

People pick Mercy for her ress, not for healing, since moira is a good alternative too!
Focus on her ress please

3 Likes

Agreed that healing isn’t the issue here. And I’m honestly doing a bit of a facepalm here… Like WHY would Blizz even say this before seeing how the last change pans out? She can’t boost GravDragon now and that’s no small thing. It might be more worthwhile to pick Ana with that change since her Biotic Grenade can prevent Zen from saving his team. Now you may agree or disagree with that, but the truth is we don’t know until the numbers come in.

As for Mercy, tweaking her isn’t going to solve this. If you reduce her healing to make her “in line” with the others, there’s very little reason to play her. Ya Rez is cool, but (my opinion) the other healers bring more to the table particularly Ana. Biotic Grenade denials, sleeps and the highest healing potential in the game? As well as periodic offense? Yes plz.

Note: Not saying Ana is op or anything either. I totally dig her and if I could aim well enough I’d play her lol.

3 Likes

Flawless logic except for one problem

This double sniper meta arose very recently in resposne to Brigitte making pretty much any mid to close range hero unplayabel, going so fr as to even fight Reaper the hero who’s entire balancing (however poor) is based on the idea that no one hard counters him in those close quarters (every other hero who fights close like McCree and Mei are skill matches for Reaper rather then hard counters)

So Brig and the fact that Hanzo is just a Better McCree over all right now due to lunge and storm arrow

2 Likes

Well, that probably explains the one story about the survivors hearing “Sorry” echoing repeatedly off in the distance…

4 Likes

you are right but I think redced healing would benefit the whole game because reduced healing would make it possible for players to make more big plays like let’s say a soldier plays really well and hits a bunch of headshots it probably wont matter because it will all get healed up faster than the damage he can output

New herf is most stupid think i ever see (after hamster кelease of course). Mercy is already rez-only hero. Her heal is weak, she can not protect yourself or do anything in the game, but REZ! You can cut her to the pieces but as long as resurrect was available she will be musthave. So you just make game for her more boring, nothing more. Just gg wp, OW team.

3 Likes

Nah, now they got brigitte and moira to cry about since they can outduel them much easier than 80dmg Ana did.

People are literally saying that this nerf is bad because it won’t change anything except make Mercy worst. She will still be the only healer viable untill resurrect is no longer a cooldown ability and damage boost isn’t as good as it is. This goes for Zenyatta aswell.

As other people said, the problem isn’t nerfing her, no one likes the fact that she is the only main healer viable, the problem is that this nerf isn’t going to change anything, except make her worse with no payoff at all.

Please read the posts before saying dumb things like this.

2 Likes

Brig and Moira also have much less to their kits than Ana does. Moira has no utility and Brig can only attack in melee range.

???

Ana has great utility, inconsistent burst healing with little to no survivability and everyone of her abilities is a skill shot.

Brigitte has great utility and survivability, inconsistent burst healing and is limited by range.

Moira has no utility, but she has a decent escape on 6 seconds and her damage though low is reliable when dealing with flankers.

I’m pretty sure they’re all relatively balanced. Ana has more but also requires the most mechanical skill to utilize properly.