Mercy needs her 60 hp/s back

Unfortunately when people play a hero with the least amount of transferable skills to other heroes, they are more likely to be upset when said hero doesn’t fit into the majority of team comps.

i like how you ignored the 100% pickrate thing but okay

2 Likes

I’m talking in silver… she NEVER had a good pick rate gold and below. There has ALWAYS been a massive slope from GM downwards for Tracer.

All main healers are like that. Focus on damage and you’re just feeding.

Mercy has the best mobility and consistency out of all the healers. She has rez, she has damage boost. Her ult allows her to focus on multiple teammates.

Moira sucks at high ranks but Mercy needs a buff?

4 Likes

so explain how her pickrate was so high then

gold and below is literally over half of the playerbase

She was massively picked above that, and a non event below it.

as always

Go look up the omnic meta charts for the height of dive. you will see it

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8tDdiq3plg0/WWuycphfvcI/AAAAAAAAAzA/A9kPS_lTXI8Sd3cKpinYjDRwMe12-ctRwCLcBGAs/s1600/PC_Usage_Overall.png

Height of dive.

Massive pick rate at the high end. dropping sharply down.

Look at Mercy at that time… high high pick rates, and then a sharp drop at the top (which was normal for her pre rework)

It was always like this. Tracer NEVER got a pick rate in low elos, this was the HIGHEST pick rate I could find for her.

And this is where Mercy was not meta, and STILL hugely out pick rated the other supports, until you hit the really high end.

her win rate was bad at the time as well, but, she felt fun to play,.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, my bad, only Ana can have it…

2 Likes

so you’re saying plat and above picked tracer so much to the point that she got higher pickrates than what most of the playerbase picked?

that’s unrealistic, it was more evenly spread out. meta affects what heroes are being picked, zarya and lucio is one example

goats isn’t being picked in lower ranks but lucio is still picked more than zenyatta, lucio was rarely being picked before the meta shifted

unrealistic? I am giving you the ACTUAL pickrate chart from the time. you LITERALLY have the evidence in front of you.

Note how Rein is not meta at the time? but has the highest pick rate of all tanks in the lower ranks? by a wide margin

They don’t follow the meta. They have NEVER followed the meta.

You can literally go though all of the charts though EACH meta overwatch has had, and see that the lower ranks don’t care WHAT SO EVER what the meta is.

Masters and GM cares… Diamond does a little… below that? no one cares.

2 Likes

It was actually pretty horrifying when she was meta. And this comes from a Mercy main (I decided to main her just for this season, I just got to masters btw)

3 Likes

disagree.

a good ana will mix in healing and damage to get the most value out of her kit

moira needs to do damage to get resource back

baptiste can mix a few shots in when he doesn’t need to heal, like ana

5 Likes

I am going to have to question the use of “need” here.
After playing with her with 50hps I am absolutely sure that “need” is quite an overstatement.

She could use a buff on Valk for sure, something additional. That is some place where she could use some stuff but the regular healing? not really.

3 Likes

I find her too OP she can rezz. And heal stuff and dmg boost without any skill or playtime…
Nerf her plzz sge gets too much buffs.

Her win rate is fine, she just feels like trash to play.

I’d REALLY hate to see Valk get buffed more, since Valk + Rez ate so much of her kit they nerfed her to 50 hps now.

I’d MUCH rather see Valk get nerfed, and her healing put back up. It would make she feel more impactful.

Go look at win rates, then make arguments. You will get a LOT further than “I find her too OP”

Or better yet, if you think

Then I strongly suggest you play as her…

either you will be right, and go up ranks quickly…

or you will learn something.

7 Likes

Thats honestly a gross exaggetation as they nerfed her healing when every other support got buffed. Instead of waiting to see if she needed another nerf. Now we have a main healer that struggles to keep her team mates above 45% health, has to essentially be a tumor for pharah/widow/ashe to function, and had to be ran with another main healer such as ana so their team can sustain themselves. But you’re better off running a off healer with ana/moira than using mercy/ana or mercy/moira

Honestly they keep snipping away at her kit in order to keep the most problematic part of her kit functioning cough res on cooldown and doing so only shines a light on how sloppy Valk mercy was handled.

14 Likes

I kind of want to argue that could be because getting out of Bronze-Gold is more dependent on how well you can carry.

Mercy’s best advice in that regard is pocket the best player on your team and win to climb out. Ana… You can take matters into your own hands even.

I’m worried that 60 hps would make her OP again, but I’d be down for raising it to 55. MAYBE some slight Valk tweaks too, but nothing too drastic.

3 Likes

Her win rates are fine. Myself, I left to play Mei. Who I find FAR more fun than new Mercy.

But you are right… Mercy relies on being able to pick the best player quickly, and enabling him.

1 Like

At the very least, she needs 55HP/s. The big Mercy players I’ve seen from Titanium to EeveeA to Neptuno have suggested that.

The main issue about her healing is that before her rework, her healing was buffed from 50HP/s to 60HP/s because 50 was not enough to keep up with Ana. Having AoE healing on her ultimate kinda throws a wrench into the works, though. Although, I’m pretty sure that if they brought her healing to 60 and removed chain beams, the Mercy players that don’t like where her healing is at right now wouldn’t complain. Because right now, if you want to heal your team against burst, you want Ana. And burst is just about what you see. Mercy simply can’t keep up when the person she is healing is taking damage.

7 Likes

Also, since mercy’s 50 hps nerf, these heroes have all gotten damage buffs:
Symmetra
Soldier
Reaper
Roadhog
Bastion
Torb
Doomfist
Pharah
Mccree
Mei
Junkrat

1/3 of the roster has gotten a damage buff since mercy’s healing nerf, and 50 hps already felt bad before those changes. I think we should at least try 55 hps.

17 Likes