Mercy needs her 60 hp/s back

Question, why was mercy dominant after reworking? Was it for his 60 hps? No it was for his rez.
Ana does not make 75 hps, but every 6 seconds makes 75 + 33.5 (potentially). It is not a problem of average healing, the point is not that but the burst healing, the ability to mitigate the damage the tanks receive in a short period of time. 50 hps for a main support are too few, if blizzard is thinking of a possible healing buff it is because it is aware of this. Or mercy becomes off support then his hps can also go down, but with the inclusion of a defensive ultimate, or he must return to 60 hps. Now mercy doesn’t even understand what role she has. This is demonstrated by the fact that many consider it an off support, others a main support.
I can also do an average healing per minute of 2500 hps, but if I can’t keep the front line I’m useless. Furthermore, the blizzard itself wants mercy to have a higher average healing than everyone, because mercy does not contribute to team damage or kill it. If you have a support that does less average healing than others and does not kill or damage it, it is useless. Obviously, mercy outperforms ana healing, otherwise blizzard didn’t even think about buffarla mercy. But there is to say, that by playing ana, I often exceed my team’s mercy because I concentrate on healing the tanks and ana healing the tanks from its maximum healing potential.
If one takes for example as a strength of a support the average healings then moira should be nerfed, and should be omnipresent. No, because a support is evaluated not only for its average healings, but from its general kit.
Moira: high average healing, high burst healing, aoe healing, but no utility, average damage of 4k and kill. Consequence? Moira is good for nothing.
Mercy: high average healing, low burst healing, no aoe healing (except in valkyria, but an ultimate), rez and DB as a utility, no average damage and no kill.
Ana: medium average healing, high burst healing, aoe healing (grenade), sleep and denial healings as a utility, life-saving ultimate(in single target), 3k average damage and kill.
From diamond upwards between moira and mercy, mercy is preferred, but between mercy and ana we prefer ana, from diamond up ana dominates.
Mercy from January 2018 with 60 hps did not dominate, was favored by the meta double sniper (hanzo rework). The goats was born before the nerf in mercy (May 2018). Mercy if it returns to 60 hps does not dominate the meta.
Is that always the question? But do you play support ana, moira and mercy? No has value, because only if you play them you understand the substantial difference between the 3 main support. And as if I want to know the differences and subtleties between the various dps with respect to a main dps.

3 Likes

people considering and playing mercy as an off healer are just asking for trouble.
She CANNOT work as an off healer, healing numbers have nothing to do with the classifications.
A main healer has their healing tied to their weapon and offensive oriented ults.
Mercy is a main healer by design. She doesnt work as an off healer, valk is not a defensive ult.

And ana is not as dominant as you may think, at peast not in terms of power. She’s very strong at high levels, but lags behind in pro and is suicide to play in lower ranks.
Mercy with 60 hps dominated from january till august. And not just because of the meta, dive was oargely unchanged until brig came by and double sniper was ended with hanzo and zarya’s nerfs.

I dunno what would happen if mercy had 60 hps back now, but it’s not like she didnt have it coming.

Ps: were are you from, italy?

1 Like

It’s matter of potential: can Ana save you, if you got bad luck(too much damage)? Yes, in many cases, they even had to nerf nanoboost from 300 hp restored down to 150. If she failed to, it’s mistake of Ana player, or unlucky player got too deep in trouble.

Can Mercy do same? Not really: if damage exceeds 50 hps(and “too much” damage usually is 100+) you are doomed, and she may not be able to resurrect you either, since it happened in unsafe location. Even if it’s good Mercy.

Players would rather have healer, that isn’t very mobile, but has decent chance of preventing death, than one, that can go anywhere, but with little success.

Nanoboost can and often is used as defensive ultimate. You got tank, that is about to go down, that prevents enemy from advancing? Give him nanoboost, and maintaining frontline becomes much easier for both of you. And it keeps your whole team, that is behind mentioned tank, out of harm’s way, when they would otherwise get erased as soon as tank dies.

Return 60 hps, or instant rez. Having utility with so many things, that can go wrong in the process, is liability in many cases. Too many times it’s better to not bother with resurrects, since alive Mercy is more useful, than dead one.

3 Likes

What are you saying? Main support: high burst healing, ultimate offensive. Off support: low burst healing, ultimate defensive. Do you think moira if we put a defensive ultimate on it is an off support?
So much so that to work mercy you have to play it with Ana, without ana or moira, with mercy it’s hard. Go and watch the GM streaming and ask them if mercy should be played without ana or moira.
You too have confused ideas because of mercy.

I already answered you, it was due to the meta hanzo + widowmaker, in OWL before the release of brigitte there was the dive, with the mercy dive it is a must both at 50 hps and 60 hps. Brigitte arrived, after a while the goats was born, also thanks to the nerf in hanzo and widow (rein, zarya, d.va, brigitte, lucio, moira), in May 2018 during the contenders (G.O.A.T.S. team), later modified with insertion of zen instead of moira in OWL.
At comp level, ana dominates, in OWL the pro prefer off support in goats. In comp the goats you see very rarely and when you see it sometimes there is ana instead of zen. This denies who says that mercy is not favored by the current meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi3jqpJoPt0
It shows that the nerf at mercy was useless.
Indeed with the nerf at mercy at comp level, you often see triple tank or triple support (ana, brigitte, lucio or zen instead of lucio), not the goats, but with a one dps. For the weakness of the healing burst of mercy.

Yes

4 Likes

True enough, but Mercy DOES have to aim to heal, damage boost, and yes attack using her pistol. An her pistol is not very forgiving. Never heard of “Battle Mercy”? The problem is SOME streamers/Pros/ex-Pros put out repeatedly that Mercy is a “No aim, no brain hero.” Thus the comparison I put out, some of the other healers DON’T aim to heal, it is AOE.
Another problem is some streamers claiming that “Mercy is always hiding” when anyone, who isn’t biased against Mercy, can look at games that are put out on Stream/YouTube an see that a good Mercy player is not hiding. She is in the thick of a fight trying to keep her teammates alive.

3 Likes

I disagree.

Mercy’s healing nerf was before the dust could settle after / around the time of the other supports being buffed. Who knows how much of a difference the other supports being buffed would have made. It’s possible those buffs would have made them playable and thus the Mercy HPS nerf wasn’t needed.

But still, Mercy remains the only healer who cannot deal damage and heal at the same time. So either they revert her HPS or allow her to DPS like other healers can.

1 Like

OP Mercy couldn’t either. Thankfully, Mercy doesn’t need to ever do damage because of her mobility.

Hang on, I wouldn’t say mercy never needs to do damage. But I also wouldn’t call it a weakness that she can’t heal and do damage at the same time.

1 Like

How about…55 hps?

1 Like

fine, just more then she has now

To kind of back up the claim that either other supports heal too much compared to Mercy or Mercy doesn’t heal enough, here is the statement from August 8th, 2018 patch notes when Mercy was nerfed to 50 HPS:

“Even after this change she will still be able to deliver more healing over the course of a match than any other support hero, but it should allow for other healers to be more viable.”

Currently, Mercy is on par/being outhealed by the other main supports according to average healing stats, which means that she isn’t outhealing the other supports, as Blizzard claims she is supposed to be doing. Which means Mercy either doesn’t heal enough or the other supports heal too much compared to her.

2 Likes

For the last week and the last month only Moira averages more healing over the course of a game, and she doesn’t start to do more than Mercy until gold.

1 Like

Per my previous email:

on par/outheals.

1 Like

Blizzard has access to more complete stats – Overbuff is likely close to accurate, but it has its own bias. Blizzard may be considering the health restored from res as healing, too. Mercy is only behind Moira and Moira is definitely more of a dud, particularly in diamond and beyond, it’s all she really has going for her.

2 Likes

That makes no sense. By that logic, you could say the same for Lucio. He has really good mobility, so I guess he doesn’t need to attack.

How is it not? It is something all other supports can do. If there’s an enemy Pharah and nobody is checking her, an Ana can shoot her out of the sky. And resume healing without much loss. A Lucio can DPS and keep heals up. Brigitte can do the same. And Moira. And now Baptiste.

How is it not a weakness to not be able to do what other supports can? It would make sense if she had the best heals, but she does not anymore.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a weakness because she wasn’t built to do what all other supports do. That was never her design. She makes up for having to choose between her beams and her pistol by having an impressive auto-regen and insane mobility that are both always available. Not to mention being being the only person in the game who can reverse death.

I will concede that you’re right about this only being a fair trade as long as her healing is significantly greater than everyone else’s. The other healers have more damage utility, but Mercy previously compensated with the raw amount of healing she was able to put out. The weakness is more present now, hence my shared opinion with many others that her healing needs to be buffed to at least 55 if not 60, but I still don’t think it’s an inherent flaw to do less damage than other supports as long as she’s more powerful in other aspects.

1 Like

This is what this community doesn’t understand after 3 years. But some with no lives watch these on a daily basis and rush to make a thread on any change in the data.

And I agree with you. It’s not a weakness, provided she is compensated in other areas. But as of her nerf, she is no longer.

Now it comes down to why would you want to play Mercy when her only utility is easily stoppable and her healing is inferior and she can’t do damage, when you have Ana who brings multiple utility, excellent heals, and can dps… or Lucio who brings utility, good AoE heals, and can dps…

and they wonder why Mercy has fallen so low on the pick rate.

Everyone blames GOATS but GOATS was prominent way before Mercy’s pick rate plummeted. It’s just an excuse at this point.

Mercy isn’t picked because her heals are no longer enough to ignore the downsides. And she is only picked a lot in lower ranks because lack of coordination from enemy team and less good aiming.

4 Likes

mercy was nerfed from 60 to 50 in the exact same patch as when every other healer was buffed, so theres no knowing whether she’ll be the best (which is probably unlikely since she isn’t even meta)

3 Likes