Mercy needs a rework

The main problem is everybody can say that he/she plays hero x for x hour and is master and is top 500 …

i have trust issues.

I said generally so it doesn’t mean you can’t use it. For example if your team is doing good in the team fight… it doesn’t necessarily mean you won the team fight… the other team could have their ults at like 90% and while your team is doing good you could try to rez that dead player to have a better chance at winning the teamfight that was about to come.

It’s not the only possibility the other team could also be down 1 player or even 2. Still doesn’t mean the teamfight is won.

Absolutely <3

Did my screenshots prove you otherwise or?

“Mercy was never OP before. She was not a must pick.”

Before is past tense, aka before the present time. If you specified it was before her 2.0 rework, then there would be no assumptions. Please, stating your opinion explicitly isn’t hard.

“You are being rude and hostile to mercy players i never said you were angry at the situation.”

How? Telling them that the devs are not changing her? There’s hundreds of identical posts on the forums. Spamming the same thing over and over is not going to change anything.

“I dislike people who come to the forums whining about others who simply share their opinion.
Mercys describe what they like and dislike about the current changes. You just come here being entitled and rude and basically indicating people should shut up already.”

I think you need to look up the definition of entitled. I’m indicating that this horse has been beat to death already, and that other characters need the attention more. The RevertMercy bandwagon is textbook entitlement.

“I said she can make no gamechanging plays. Every other support can so … what even are you trying to imply?”

She has a definitive impact on the game, maybe not as “bursty” as some of the other supports, but she does have a more sustained impact. There are no implications, this is fact.

“I will give you the adult tip of the day: you can discuss and argue your opinion in a civillized and respectful manner.”

I’ll give you the hypocritical tip of the day: When you accuse someone of belittling, and then you do it yourself in that accusation, it makes you just seem angry that anyone has the counter opinion. Any immaturity or offense you are trying to interpret from my posts seem to be coming from your own anger and bias. This topic has already been discussed and beaten to death. The devs have 10k+ comments on the forums opinion, so why make a duplicate post to parrot exactly that?
At least you could stick to the #DPSwatch nonsense sometimes to change it up.

Was not for you :wink: I trust you.
We only have different opinions.

P.s. I am not arguing from a “omg revert mercy” “she is boring” standpoint. I argue from a standpoint where I can express how her new ult is the weakest support ult to date and her E is counterintuitive to her entire playstyle.

For all I care they can completely remove rezz from the game. I would rather not have a ressurect than a suicide button where people will flip tables if I don’t use it.
I also don’t care much for valk since it does nothing for my team in a real engagement. The only way you can win with valk is:

1. The enemy uses 0 ults
  2. Your team uses more ults than the enemy

Example: My zarya yesterday used grav and our genji went in with blade. valk boosted us all with damage.
I didn’t do it because it was neccessary or gamechanging. I used it because we were about to capture the last payload point so why not :upside_down_face:
Had I not used it, the result would have been exactly the same.

I know it wasn’t for me I just wanted to make sure you understood I wasn’t lying.

I don’t doubt they are great ideas.

But nerf and buff or redesigning a character is time consuming.

And they got a whole list of characters that could use buffs, meanwhile Mercy is in a “balanced” state.

From a limited resources perspective, Mercy is lower on the priority list.

She’s balanced right now and that’s the most important thing.

While I agree that Mercy is right now a very bulky hero in a weird state, the devs need to put their focus on heroes with huge balance issues.

1 Like

If your team is grouped up, there is no reason to switch targets because of the chain healing/boosting.

How is being so far away engaging for you?

Personally, the rez on E feels cheap because you do not earn it, and to use it feels clunky and ruins her natural flow. Not only that, it is so extremely situational to use, unlike any other ability, and can’t really actually be used DURING a fight. And I would much rather have an awesome, powerful, earned ult that allows me a moment to shine and say “Yeah, I did that!” Something that everyone else has.

You are 100% correct in saying that the power of rez on E conflicts with her ult, which is why her ult is lacking in power. It’s something I (and many others) brought up many months ago. The state she is in was quite predictable.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve got so many hero changes to work on. Hanzo, Torb and Sym are getting reworked, they even said that they are going to buff Mei and Reaper, so I would say we probably won’t hear they talk about Mercy until late 2018. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the main target gets more healing the others around. Haven’t tried to confirm it I just go by it.

Because you’re helping the team… All heroes have different playstyles and she’s no different.

Maybe not earn it but you need to use it with good timing to actually get the most out of it.
I’ve always felt like she could’ve gotten a better ult or ability and I’ve actually made a post b4 on the old forums with 3 different suggestions but you know how stuff went there…

No, it is 60 HPS for everyone. People have suggested the main target gets more healing to allow for some prioritization.

The purpose of Valkyrie was to get Mercy in the thick of it.

You could do the same with an earned mass rez. And use it whenever you had it up and felt it was needed.

Yeah, she could definitely use a better ult. All anyone wanted was an E ability that she could use whenever.

You can keep enjoying Mercy, that is fine. But you can obviously see why I don’t like it.

1 Like

Absolutely :slight_smile:
Here’s the old post I made from the old forums I posted it again here to see how it would be received : https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/alternatives-to-mercys-rez/41872

1 Like

I don’t have to specify it. Her reworked version was obviously OP and no one argues with that even mercy mains said so. I even stated how we told blizz it was too strong on PTR.

“You are being rude and hostile to mercy players i never said you were angry at the situation.”

If you fail to see how you come over entitled and belittling people or insinuating they should stay quiet then I can’t help you understand.

And yet there is a Megathread which people cannot currently post in, which tells people and I quote:

Which indicates “gives us your opinion and feedback”
So you sitting here telling people to stop giving their feedback makes you seem entitled. You are not a dev or in any position to tell people to stop voicing their opinions, simple.

Check my previous post.

The difference is, you belittle people for no reason. See I don’t belittle people because of their opinion, I simply gave you an Adult tip because you are being rude to people. Big difference between having a reason (me) and having no reason (you).

You didn’t state your opinion. You came here telling people to stop voicing their opinions. Big difference.

You assume I am angry because I pointed out that you are being rude to a group of people? Interesting. Either way, I don’t seem to be the only person who interprets your posts that way so maybe you simply have a bad way of expressing your feelings :slight_smile:

Because the forum is currently closed and people still have the right to voice their opinions on a forum, that’s what the forum is for. If you don’t like / agree with it then why do you sit here trying to silence people rather than ignoring it?

I don’t know where you got that from, doesn’t have anything to do with me or anything I’ve ever said though.

Really? They are just deleting or closing new ones rather than even redirecting them to another place? So much for accepting feedback if that’s true, just re-affirms all my beliefs before in that the megathread is a waste bin.

EDIT: It’s true, and they’ve made another copy and paste megathread lol.

Maybe this is just me, but when an ult is fun for the enemy team it usually means it’s not a threat. I’m certainly not having fun when I hear the enemies pull off a Dragonblade/Tac-Visor/Graviton/Transcendence…

1 Like

I’ve read something similar in the megathread. I really like the idea because you have to put more thought into it if you use it preemptively. What might be hard is if you for example spam it on flankers or tanks. (soulstone idea)

All the ideas you posted are quite nice and well thought out / explained, should totally repost on the megathread if / when it reopens.

Already reopened and already posted XD

Just saw, thumbsup :slight_smile:
[Moderator edit - as some of you just noticed, we’re asking everyone to consolidate their feedback here - [[Feedback Thread Continued Part II] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018 Thanks! <3 ]

1 Like