"mercy needs a revert"

Which is most likely false as a vast majority of people do not want to return to old Mercy. They just want mass resurrect to return with changes and a bunch of changes to Mercy’s kit.

Here’s one of the posts that were posted yesterday:

4 Likes

yes i know that but the overall idea of mass rez isnt that good for the game IMO

How do you know that?

Yesterday? Dude, I posted that a couple minutes ago.
XD
To be fair, I forgot to add that I don’t give a damn about Mercy’s ult.

ppl didnt liked it(the idea of rezing a full team) the first time why would they like it now?

People (mostly Mercy mains) didn’t like the rework. What makes you think they have changed their minds after 11 nerfs?

Listen to just Lesson 11.

If you don’t feel like listening to that… That is a guy who’s been designing for Magic the Gathering for 20 years saying basically… “It’s OK if some players hate some of your mechanics.”

Some players hating something isn’t a good reason for a rework.

i love how i can talk to ppl about their main w/out them being toxic/flaming me for that

yes, because the devs clearly listen after the 5 megathreads? XD

u can rework her w/out having mass rezz

Same point can be applied to revert demands. Why should they revert hero just because some people hate her?

Also, using MTG as balancing example… is questionable idea.

Vice versa. You can rework her with mass resurrect.

1 Like

just saying something new will work better IMO

Can we really trust Blizz with making someone new? I mean, were you here when they released Brigitte?

Baguette came out overpowered, but was toned down in the most broken parts of her kit since. She is fine now. Actually, she is extremely niche - exact oppositve of what Mercy is. Soooo… yes?

3 Likes

yes but ppl asked for that (a hero that counters dive) yes it didnt work that good but i dont think that mass rez is the way here

It can… that’s why I’ve always said they should revert Mercy and release a new healer with current Mercy’s mechanics. There you go.

Also… there are other reasons why Mercy needs either a revert or a rework.

I mean… they are the biggest most well known physical CCG on the planet… that must mean they’re doing something right.

Will these suggestions work for you then:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19jlYKIjvp3Hyi5yUFqeO5dqYnlav64DlvmfteAJpl2I/mobilebasic

Because they were one of the first, have amazingly flexible rules, and even more amazing artwork. I love MTG. But balance… It’s inherently based on mix of luck and ability to build the most broken combo. Which is part of the fun, but still.

I still remember that one card that could have been, and was interpreted as “you win the match”.

1 Like

I don’t know enough about MTG to comment on their balancing or lack there of… however what I linked isn’t about balance really… more about general game design.

1 Like