Mercy needs a little help in 2-2-2

I’ve played Mercy on 222 teams in both Forced and Freedom queue

I find her to be fun to play and effective on those teams, and as such, I do not feel she needs any changes whatsoever despite this horrifically bad (imo) change

4 Likes

Yeah, agreed.

5 Likes

222 sucks and should be removed.

I play with my 7yo kid, and we just had team comps forced on us… seriously? we play vs AI on easy/medium. Half the fun is swapping between different people. And now you’ve pretty much locked us to a specific class. REMOVE 222.

6 Likes

Its not supposed to be in vs AI, thats a bug.

2 Likes

Ohh, thank God.

and thank you Rocktopus.

My kid loves overwatch… and this in one day… was ‘uhhh dad i dont really like what they did with the game.’

This was almost as bad as the time i had to break the news that they were going to remove water walking on water strides in wow. … I got her on vid freaking out saying when she grows up shes going to be the president and tell Blizzard that they need to put the water stride back in the water striders, ‘their not land striders their waterstriders!’

4 Likes

Onyx: read the opening post: Role Limits in Quick Play - #91 by BillWarnecke

To this day, I’ve never had problems with her healing and I also main her. I play her very aggressively though, when I have other Mercys on my team, they tend to struggle a lot from what I see because they play very defensively.

1 Like

Tbh you shouldn’t play her as a main healer in most situations…you should really only pick her if you have some sort of ranged damage worth boosting/pocketing like Pharah/Widow/Hanzo/McCree/Ashe. Then you need a main healer like Ana to heal the tanks and you’re gucci.

1 Like

People keep saying to run Mercy as an off healer and that’s how she’s supposed to be played now. I don’t get this statement of their’s, the devs have said many times Mercy is a main healer, so why doesn’t she function as a main healer? The devs seem pretty inconsistent when it comes to Mercy. The thing is Mercy is not well enough equiped to be a good off support, they could make her an off support though. The devs need to do something with her, either make her a main healer (as they call her), or make her an off healer (as a majority community calls her). Having a character in this limbo isn’t necessarly good, Mercy just feels neiche at everthing, apart from mobility to me.

20 Likes

She can be a main healer depending on the team. But if you’re pocketing a strong ranged DPS (which you should be otherwise you might as well just pick a better healer like Moira or Ana) you can’t heal everyone else too. I wouldn’t consider her a “main” healer, because her entire strength is damage boost and rez.

That is her utility though, that doesn’t necessarily make a main healer.

Playing Mercy as a main does feel pretty bad. She has to focus the tanks more even though she works better with pocketing dps. However as an off healer, even though she can pocket the dps more, the team lacks a good defensive ult like Zen’s or Lucio’s. She does need something, heals at 55 would be nice.

8 Likes

She cannot be an ideal main healer in my opinion, the damage characters pump out to much damage to really keep everyone up as well as Ana, Moria, and Baptiste if he is ran properly.

This is off topic but I actually think this is cute!

I hope you and your kid keep enjoying the game!

1 Like

Mercy is probably the most balanced hero in the game. She’s too easy to play to be a main healer that can compare to Ana, Baptiste and Moira. No fear of missing shots as you need zero aim. All you need is Gamesense which is what every single hero in the game needs.

1 Like

This is gold!

I know we disagree here but this was hilarious. Kudos

Frankly, I agree OP. I was playing tank today, and whenever we had the Mercy + Lucio/Zen/Brigitte combo, it really did not feel like there was enough healing to keep people alive. We would just get mowed down unless my other tank (Sigma, ideally) was helping me carry our weight and then some.

She’s a decent off-healer, but I wouldn’t ever want a comp where she’s the main healer unless we’re running a bunch of heroes who can self-sustain pretty well (Hog, Mei, Soldier, Lucio, etc). Which is fine, I don’t mind if she’s an off-healer, though I would like that Blizzard either say that they’re happy with that or change her to act as a more-effective main healer, so people stop trying to main heal with her like it’s an adequate substitute for Moira/Baptiste/Ana.

3 Likes

Hilarious? How so…?

In the way that it actually made me audibly laugh out of how funny I found it.

Not in any nefarious or negative way. I just genuinely never thought of naming the queues that and it is funny to me.

Ok, thats cool

That said, i have been referencing them as such for about a month now, so…?