Mercy Megathread

Actually damage boost is fine, but its use is dependent on the tank and dps players to land their shots and secure their kills

I really wish Mercy could have an ability she could use independent of her teammates. I will forever think sleep dart would have been more suited for her as it would have given her a skill shot that was pacifist in nature but had a strong connection to her role as a doctor.

Ah well, glad at least Ana has it.

1 Like

Playing passively is quite boring but it maximises resurrect and its main goal is to survive.

Aggressive means getting in on the action and being slightly reckless, as long as you have battle Mercy experience, you should be fine just flying from one player to another with GA and maybe the occasional pistol whip to protect yourself (pistol whip became obsolete when you could res instantly every 30 seconds) though the current interation does allow you to battle Mercy as well, but you lack an impactful trump card now

So I made my own post about this, but since there is a mega thread here, I’m going to post it again since I don’t know who saw it.

How to fix mercy

I remember first seeing these changes and got really excited for them. When they came live, mercy was super OP. Now they have nerfed her hard and are saying, “oH yEaH, tHe MeRcY cHaNgEs WeRe A sUcCeSs.”

Well, mercy’s ult is quite…underwhelming. I have a few ideas on how to fix this. Let me know which one you like the best, or if you have another idea. Or call me a filthy mercy main, your pick.

Catagory one: mercy 1.0

Solution one: restore old mercy.
This is about as simple as it gets. Restore old mercy. However, I think she is still a bit underpowered. I think she should get another ability in addition to a restoration.

Solution 2: restoration with new ability
However, I think she is still a bit underpowered. I think she should get another ability in addition to a restoration. This would be an ability that grants both benefits of her healing beam to a single target for 3-4 seconds. Has a 10-15 second cool down.

Category 2: mercy 2.0

Solution 1: buff Valkyrie.
Restore the nerf to: Time, Mobilty or Rez(minus the bonus charge).
This adds a little more value to the lackluster ultimate it would make it a bit more fun.

Solution 2:rework Valkyrie.
This one is a bit more radical, but I believe it would work.
Valkyrie
-change time to 7-10 seconds
-restore all nerfs, except bonus Rez charge, which is now a Rez cool down.
I believe this would give her ult all of the impact it used to have, but still stay within balance. The Rez cool down would force her to do one normal Rez before her no cool down one.

The goal is to give her ult the name ultimate, and have lots of potential like all of the other ults.
Earth shattering the entire enemy team is worthy of the ultimate title
Using sound barrier to save your team from a rip tire is worthy of the ultimate title
Mercy sticks on the skybox for 15 seconds, not worthy of the ultimate title.

Anyways, please tell me your solutions or if you agreed with one of mine, thanks for reading.

8 Likes

I would choose one of the first cathegory, both are good for me. Why? Resurrect as an ability doesn’t work and it destroy all your mobility. Also, Valkirie is just redundant and feels like an E ability instead of an ultimate. Considering that somepeople liked it, maybe adding an E ability would satisfy them instead of alienating them as the rework did with all those who loved her mass rez and didn’t like Valkirie, like me. I absolutely would love to see different iterations of old rez on PTR.

Said this, why not going back to 2.0? It had a lot of design issues like Resurrect being too powerful and hard to balance as an E ability without making it unfun, and Valkirie relying too much on Resurrect for having any impact in the game. Also, that design wasn’t fun. It stopped being fun as soon as the nerfs started, something that never happened with her old design. Old Mercy could be underpowered, but she was fun. Reworked Mercy was op and unfun at the same time, and that’s a huge design problem. Honestly, I would prefer trying to balance properly her pre rework form.

1 Like

Hey all,

I created a continuation of our old topic here. Please share your feedback and impressions on the current state of Mercy there. The Devs will be keeping an eye on that topic since that’s where we’ll be consolidating community feedback.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Did Blizzard just necro a thread…? What is this?

6 Likes

It’s been reopened…but why?

Mods asleep, post Mercy reworks

I miss being rewarded for tracking ults. The reason people felt Mercy was so frustrating was because of the Mercys who could track ults so down to a T that if they mass rezzed from say, a Reaper ult, they knew the team wouldn’t get wiped again. Because that’s what a bad Mercy would do, is just thoughtlessly hit Q and get her team wiped all over again.

Interesting, I wonder if this will become the new megathread for Mercy. A thread which they never appear to read or discuss any Mercy feedback, like the old one for around a year now :smile:.

You okay there Tom Nallreel? Has the pressure of moderating these forums finally made you snap?

Because the new megathread has been falsy flagged and the system is keep closing it, despite moderator efforts of keeping it open.

Also, Blizzard. Can’t you just leave Mercy threads be on their own, have their own discussion about certain issue, without being disrupt by sudden move to this thread?

Also, I really hope you will be able to do something about it and that you will make ANOTHER thread about the issue, and maybe how these false flaggers were punished.

1 Like

It doesn’t feel like that at all.

6 Likes

YEAH! Let’s reopen a Mercy Megathread so we can ignore it harder.

My question is: WHY aren’t ANY of the Devs talking about Mercy yet? She’s clearly not in a good spot. She’s quite unhealthy for the game in her current state and has been since she’s been Reworked. SOMETHING needs to be done and the fact that you guys say you’re watching something without even the SLIGHTEST indication that you care IRKS me.

I didn’t even really PLAY Mercy that much yet I’m so irritated at what Blizzard has done.

3 Likes

… I’m surprised they still had this thread somewhere so they could reopen it because of the flagging on the feedback thread. Unless this was a miss-click…?

Tom, are you okay…? Blink once for yes, twice for no…

1 Like

They are no obligated to reply to you and you have no special privileged that means you should get updates on what they are doing every day.

The main Mercy feedback thread keeps getting closed thanks to false flagging to the point a developer suspend players for false flagging.

Are you sure you want to risk that with this thread?