šŸ•Š [Mercy] Mass Rez as a cooldown ability

Blame falcon for making 2 threads
Oh i was wrong its just a mercy megathread

with it noted that there are many Mercy players, myself included, who do not want such a change, much less ā€œreally desireā€ it

Iā€™m actually kinda impressed by the technique. They merged it to the big thread, then pull it back out to the main forum.

They should have been doing this all along. Best of both worlds.

Except that all the context provided by earlier replies to the thread is lost. This seems like the worst of both worlds to me: We donā€™t have the full discussion in the Mercy thread, and we donā€™t have the full discussion here.

1 Like

that sounds like a new Hero design, one that might have a background in a country/region/area where voodoo (or something similar) is a thing

1 Like

Well, Bliz has been known to make necromancer characters.

for all we know, there may have been one that reached at least the concept art/proposal stage

I could see it being highly controversial, though, so I dunno

Theyā€¦ really should not do this. At all. Single Res is already nearly has ultimate level power. Multi Res definitely does and should not be on an E for any reason ever.

On the flipside, this version of Rez, you canā€™t just go have your tanks take a bunch of poke damage and heal it, to get that ultimate faster.

That is technically trueā€¦ but Mercy has already lost a whole lot from her base kit and Valkyrie just because she has a mini ult on her E. I really REALLY donā€™t want to see what sheā€™d have to lose to make room for what is undeniably a full blown ult on E.

Well, by having it as an ability, that can justify having a bunch of restrictions on it.

Resurrect already has a lot of dumb restrictions. I donā€™t want more.

1 Like

Rez has to be an ult or to be removed.
Unfortunately the second option is not available without removing Mercy in the process.

I dont see either as being necessary

Rez is balanced in Mercy in her current state

The day GreyFalcon stops proposing Mercy kits is the day the Earth stops spinning.

I see both as being necessary.

Rez in its current state is the exact opposite of balance.

See how void and subjective these arguments are ?

In my opinion, when one side of an opinion is presented, it is fair for the other to be represented as well

Fair enough.

Unfortunately I donā€™t see any purpose in this type of dialogue. To me it seems more like seeing a mute talking to a deaf.

Mutes can talk?