Mercy mains will never be happy

I don’t think that’s the opinion of all Mercy mains.

Lets not make fun of someone’s hero choice shall we?

4 Likes

However all you can really do is either hold down a button while in the air or pistol people to death.

I for one am sick of all the mercy drama, how about Blizzard create 1 MEGATHREAD that cannot be locked for whatever reason, any negative comments will be removed and the rule-breakers dealt with.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you bought your game, but you should sue them for false advertising

Friendly reminder.

If this little argument that you two have goes on for any longer this thread will most likely get locked because of it :wink:

Okay let’s make Genji’s ult sound boring too then. Since that’s what we’re doing.

Because all you do is hold M1 and run around. That’s not entirely fun to do. Plus the fact that the enemy can use Drop The Beat or Transcendence or such on you, you most likely will die.

Anyone can make an ability or ultimate sound boring. It’s different in-game. Mercy’s ult is literally the most fun ult you guys could get.

Actually, you have to actually participate as Genji. You can dash, deflect, you have to pick which targets you go after first.

Mercy? Doesn’t matter. Select one team mate. Boom. Done. Everyone’s being healed.

10 Likes

Well not to defend mercy mains, but it is kinda opinion based.

For example, Dragonblade for me is one of the most fun ultimates to use.

Valkyrie on the other hand feels so underwhelming to me I feel as if there is no point to using it other than for a simple “Screw Gravity!” Asdf movie gag.

No matter who is right or who is wrong in this scenario, the overall “FUN-value” of the ultimate is opinion based.

7 Likes

Its not that their never be happy its that Mercy mains aren’t one person, you can’t please everyone no matter what people will complain.

Actually, you can participate as Mercy. You can heal, you can rez, you have to constantly move around, you can pistol, you can juke people out (like guardian angeling towards a dead teammate.)

This goes literally nowhere.

Ok, but only if they also remove all non-ultimate one-shot habilities, if a hero can kill another hero by just pressing one button, Mercy should have the hability to undo it by pressing one button too…

7 Likes

Sorry to tell you, but it was Blizzard who first advertised the game as a team-based multiplayer FPS.

The original idea behind it, before it was called OW, was certainly a sort of MOBA. But they scrapped that for a game to compete in the “FPS market share.” And now look where we are… a frickin MOBA with CC up the …

Dude its subjecyive, fun is subjective. Its okay for her/him to find it boring and you still find it fun.

You can rez once (and you typically do before using Valkryie.) Wasting three seconds of Valkryie to rez someone is… well, wasting it. Using your pistol is just… not the smartest thing. You should be healing. That’s the entire point of her kit. And you don’t have to constantly move around. You can just stick to the skybox and hold mouse one.

4 Likes

You guys are just complaining towards her overall design then. There’s nothing she can do that won’t involve holding M1. She’s a traditional main healer.

Main someone else if you don’t want to do what she does. It sucks but it’s true.

Actually the whole selling point of the game was ”It’s not a typical FPS”. It’s what everyone was so excited about. (almost everyone, I suppose.) They we’re excited at what new thing the Blizzard Team was creating, and if they could pull it off.

3 Likes

I agree that something must be done about many of these one-shot abilities - Widow, especially. No team should have to invest 2/3 of their players to take down a great Widow… constantly. It’s just not fun and makes for crappy matches in which Mercy has to be flying from player to player like a bee or something.

1 Like

I never said it was a typical FPS… I’m just calling it what it is… becoming. It is becoming a first person MOBA with nerf guns.

And the overuse of CC on every single character is one of the reasons this is happening.

If I wanted to nothing, I would play Widowmaker. Just stand in one spot and occasionally hit M1.

But there’s a difference in regular healing and Valk healing. You actually have to monitor, to switch between the targets. To keep your eyes on your teams health. Valkryie just automates that. You just sit (hover?) there as it’s done for you.

7 Likes

People generally think Widow does more than what Mercy does though. There’s no difference in normal and valk healing lol. You’re monitoring people no matter what, except in valk you’re more OP.

??

Welp, I tried.
It’s a beautiful day outside
Birds are singing, flowers are blooming
On days like these, kids like us, should be LOADING THEM MOIRA POPCORN PICS BOIS