đŸ” "Mercy mains should stop complaining" is something I read a lot

Mercy needs to be balanced in the sense that she is:

• FUN TO PLAY (Not the case from what I hear from my friends that play Mercy)
  • Not broken, as she was for over a year, hence the must pick and the Ana main’s suffering (Yeah, you’re not the only players who have had your main gutted. Also, look at main tank players. Not fun to play in general currently, from experience.)
  • Not garbage, viable in some situations, but not all, as all heroes should be.

That’s my perspective

3 Likes

Hard disagree, I love playing main tanks right now, and always have. I just swap them around depending on meta.

I’m a D.Va main.

I just dislike CC being incredibly prevalent, as it undeniably is, with main tanks having no way to counteract it (Brig bashing through shield into a hack into three boops until I’m off the map, those being Hammond, Pharah, and Brig. Yes, that happened to me yesterday). They’ll always be my go-to picks, but with Orisa being bad Rein and WInston essentially just take abuse.

“pro level” is like .01 % of the player base most people are gold-plat, shouldnt they make her balanced for the greater good and not just for pro players

1 Like

Nope, balance should be done around what a hero CAN do, not what us players who aren’t very good at the game can do with them. Otherwise the game gets really stupid at the pro level, and issues begin to trickle down.

It is not up to you what the hero is, it is up to Blizzard. Just because there is a part of the hero you identify most with does not mean that particular aspect is immune to balance!

Mercy was wildly out of balance for a year. It was beyond meta-defining. It was absolute must pick, even for the most talented professional players who have gone on the record saying they hate playing as/with Mercy, and feel their skills are wasted on such a low skill floor/ceiling hero. That was outrageous.

Mercy’s initial rework was asked for. Perhaps not by the Mercy players, but again, just because a hero is popular does not make them immune to balance changes or reworks or any other sort of fine-tuning from Blizzard. It’s up to the balance team to decide how a hero should be played, not the hero’s doting fanbase.

Adapt and play with what is presented. Plenty of other heros have been tweaked or reworked because they were not being played as Blizzard intended, and the playerbase adapted to it.

But isnt knowing when the enemy going to ult and acting accordingly a way couterplay?

Could have mass rez have more counterplay? Yes i agree it could have been tweaked for it to have just as much counterplay as other ults. LoS check, shorter radius, Taking away Invulnerability and giving her flat damage reduction maybe 20-25%. Sure. Was Mass rez Op? No, it really was not. It could have been countered. It just needed a bit more counterplay.

Instead mercy actually became laughably OP with the introduction of valk, making her a must pick and everyone’s whipping girl on forums and in game. Then have her nerfed consecutively into this boring slop. No mercy main wanted this rework in the first place. This rework was a massive failure and i wish blizzard actually acknowledged it instead of doubling down on this mistake.

12 Likes

They didn’t remove her healing beam or her flight, though
 or anything else for that matter. They modified one ability and gave her a new one in addition.

well she actually had many changes, not to mention changing one ability effects a lot of her other ones, like her heal for instance, because they lowered it she get less ult charge meaning it takes a lot longer to get her ult now. Also, her valk heal itself is effected as well because it is directly tied with her main heals so her valk heal also does 50Hps, making her the only support ultimate that cant out heal/counter winstons primary fire.
sorry if theres typos i just typed this real quick.

Volume of ana/hog/bastion/sombra/torb/sym combined on the forums: 5/10
Volume of mercy mains after falling out of meta for 3 weeks : 11/10
you need to chill and try some other characters.

Much faster charge rate but it’s 2DM.

Real talk that’d be amazing.

2DM had to go imo. It was a really stupid caveat

Aw

Sorry, Roadhog, maybe next time.

I just wish enough people had been able to appreciate original Symmetra to be as upset about her as they are with Mercy. I was a Mercy Main before Valk, and then I went over to Symmetra, and they did her in, too =/

I’m playing a lot of Junkrat lately, so he’s probably going to be on the chopping block next. Quick, turn all of his mines into concussion blasts instead of damage, that’ll help right?!!?!

Sure, but that’s just a recent numerical nerf she got to attempt to bring her in line with other supports. You were talking about them “gutting” it as step 1.

The Mercy complaint train has been at full steam for about a year about how Blizzard took away everything that makes her fun. Which I guess means the only fun thing about her was Mass Resurrect, because that’s the one thing they (partially) took away. Her core kit remains intact and has even been improved via “bunny hop.”

2 Likes

why do mercy mains cry so much about everything? don’t play if you don’t want to.

I personally like Mercy where she is. I main her, and still find her fun to use. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I don’t understand is why these threads complaining about mercy seem to personally offend people. Just, don’t read them

Hog deserves buffs but i think dm blocking the combo is a fair interaction.

1 Like

I would just like to try and lighten the situation up by saying

At least your not symmetra. :slight_smile: