šŸµ "Mercy mains should stop complaining" is something I read a lot

Reinhardt wasnā€™t reworked for someone elseā€™s sake, despite posting balanced stats. Roadhog got additional help to address his unfun to play complaints fairly quickly after his rework to try make him both fun to play and play against despite the game at that time being the most balanced it had ever been. Road and Rein mains have been free to make threads complaining about him the entire time.

No other playerbase has been treated as poorly as the Mercy players. Iā€™m not a Mercy main, Iā€™m a Sombra main. I have been online gaming since the 90s. I canā€™t recall a player base that was ignored and segregated so completely as Mercy players for so long of a time.

They complain more because they have been handled worse than anybody.

It doesnā€™t make their complaints more or less valid than anyone else. There are heroes in more need of attention than Mercy, probably Bastion is the most deserving of any of them. But the way Mercy has been handled isnā€™t normal, so I wouldnā€™t expect the complaints from those players to be of normal volume either.

25 Likes

Yeahā€¦because only Mercy mains are sad on how bad the character is nowā€¦
Roadhog, Sombra, Reinhardt and Symmetra Mains doesnā€™t exist anymore
Mercy mains can only cry and cry and we just need to listen every single dayā€¦
Geezā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s not just a meme. People do the same thing with Brig and Moira. Theyā€™re pretty easy to abuse to higher ranks.

Thatā€™s not to say thereā€™s NO skill involved, but theyā€™re much easier to OT to higher ranks than any DPS or tank.

2 Likes

Donā€™t try and speak for us Ana mains. Ana being underpowered was no fault of Mercyā€™s, and does not excuse what the character and her players are going through.

One bad balancing decision does not justify another.

This entire rework was a mistake, and something nobody who actually played Mercy asked for. She was fine pre-rework. In fact, if you were to replace the current Mercy with pre rework Mercy right now, the entire Support roster would actually be balanced, instead of containing the underpowered, unimpactful, and unfun hero that is the current Valkyrie Mercy.

30 Likes

One bad balancing decision does not justify another.

Honestly this. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Why blame the hero or the players, when the entirety of the situation is the devs mistake and judgement. Mercy mains didnt ask for this, heck Im no Mercy main but I occasionally played her with other supports feel that this is all just one heaping pile of garbage on what happened to her.

10 Likes

They broke my Shaman and Paladin in WoW 3 expansions ago and they have only gotten worse throughout each expansion and you donā€™t see me whining about it every day.

I highly disagree with this assessment. It had almost no counterplay, aside from ā€œCrud, guess we have to save our ultimate so we have to kill everyone AGAIN.ā€ It was awful to play against. Her current state is statistically balanced at the professional level, and thatā€™s what I think we should balance around.

3 Likes

Off topic, what is with the green soup emoji before the post?

2 Likes

Itā€™s tea. Itā€™s like ā€œhereā€™s the teaā€, which refers to drama or gossip.

Okay, but, DM on a cooldown was kinda stupid.
Her current DM is much better, I just wish it had a faster regen rate.

Oh, that doesnā€™t really look like tea at first glance.

Itā€™s green tea.

ā€Hey, you guys canā€™t be upset your hero is broken because other heroes are broken too! Stop that!ā€

24 Likes

Yikes. Not what weā€™re trying to talk about here.

1 Like

I love Ana, and Mercyā€™s power and consistency is EXACTLY why Ana wasnā€™t picked. It is very hard to be a good pick when thereā€™s someone who can do slightly less healing, but never have to stop healing. Oh, and she has far more survivability and a damage boost.

It literally was Mercyā€™s fault. The only way to make Ana better was changing her to how she used to be, which Blizzard wouldnā€™t do because of fear for Ana being as strong.

So yeah, it was Mercyā€™s fault. You canā€™t have high heals, utility, AND perfect consistency.

3 Likes

because we learn how to deal with the current situation of our beloved character and not scream and whine and whine on the forums every day until each page is flooded with pointless thread that are repetitive/straight up ignored by the developers (and with a good reason).

I main symm, and she isnā€™t in a good spot right now. a few buffs and changes would make her kit better. but beside a few threads every other day I donā€™t see her getting talked a lot. and Iā€™m fine with it. Iā€™m sure the developers are aware of the problem and they are working behind the scenes or they are just focused on another character that is in a worse position.

try accepting that your main isnā€™t perfect like you want, like the rest of usā€¦

2 Likes

You act as if Mercy is in the worst state right now. Youā€™re flushing out all of the other threads about other heroes just so your favourite hero can get attention. Sheā€™s just come out of being meta, when Sombra has never been meta.

Iā€™m talking to the OP, who was clearly making some stupid points.

2 Likes

I disagree with this statement, What ult in OW is supposed to be fun to play against? You think itā€™s fun to get blown up by a rip tire? Or have Reaper drop from a ledge and use Death blossom to wipe my team or Getting wiped by a Dead eye, Rocket barrage? Getting rendered near useless with EMP blast? Ults in this game arenā€™t supposed to be fun to play against and it they are, They are there is something seriously wrong with the balance state of that character Looks at symmetra

7 Likes

They are, we just canā€™t see them thanks to all your pointless threads.

1 Like

None of those are fun. I didnā€™t say fun, I said awful. The reason it was awful was because you have zero counterplay aside from anticipating that itā€™s gonna happen, and respecting it. Every single other ult in the game had counterplay, but unless you had professional level aim, and even then sometimes it didnā€™t matter, rez was coming out. It was just bad game design.