Mercy mains dont make sense when they say she "isnt fun anymore"

Think of it like this: an ultimate should (in theory) be a hero’s moment to shine and have an impact in the midst of a fight.

Mercy… lacks that. Flight is nice and all, but it just reminds me too much of free roam spectator cams in TF2. The chain healing only on average gets 2 sometimes 3 team mates since everyone tends to scatter. Her passive being more active is kind of nice and if your going combat Mercy your team will more than likely loose the fight. (if not faster)

It’s funny how it’s the only transformation ult that doesn’t change anything about her really, she plays the exact same way… just airborne.

2 Likes

The decision making for her old ult was not the grand strategic hardcore choice that a lot of Mercy mains make it out to be.

How to fix Mercy? Eliminate CD for rez during Valk

The point is, it made the player’s experience more engaging. :slight_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Dont really think this is true. The reality is that “bring back mass rez” posts get more traction because people are so against it.

There are plenty of threads/posts/replies of mercy mains not really wanting mass rez back. But those only get replies from mercy players that share the same view, conversations are short because they reach the point of agreement faster.

On the other hand mass rez posts dont just get numbers from mercys that want it but also players that dont want it. The constant argument between the two parties keep a great flow of traction, always bringing those threads back up. Both parties dont want to “lose” he debacle so they keep repeating their words. If people dont engage those types of posts i doubt you’d have the same impression of the forums

1 Like

Here’s a link to a poll that I and a lot of others participated in! It’s worth the read since, after all, ALL Mercy mains want her to be super strong…

Most Mercy players don’t want her to be OP, because in all fairness, she shouldn’t have dominated for so long, but it isn’t fair to group them all together like it’s what everyone wants.

You were placed with bad Mercy’s then.

Personally speaking, to put it succinctly - Mercy is no longer the de-facto healer. She’s no longer the ‘evasive’ healer. She’s no longer the ‘good’ healer. Her rez is no longer game changing. Everything that made Mercy fit into the ‘straight up healer’ side of things, she’s now the worst at.

I liked Mercy 1.0 because she had some pretty hefty game changing potential. Despite the playstyle being more or less the same as it is now, it added a great deal of evasion and line-of-sight manipulation to her normal gameplay, in order to throw people off of your position so you could actually land a huge rez. While her general kit was pretty meh, it was something that could completely change the game if executed well, and could be countered completely by the opposing team if they were aware of it. It involved a lot of mindgames and figuring out how to play the other team.

Mercy 2.0, whether you think she was overpowered or not, made her incredibly dynamic. She turned from more or less left clicking her teammates the entire game to a hybrid dive healer/dps. Faster guardian angels made her far more dynamic and allowed her to dive and use her pistol more consistently. Several ‘accidental’ techs were found and used to have an incredibly complex movement playstyle -arguably one of the most complex in the entire game. Valkyrie turned her into a fast but fragile dive DPS who could legitimately throw a lot of damage out if her aim was good.

Now, with Mercy 2.5 or whatever, she doesn’t have any of the thrill and game changing potential that Mercy 1.0 had, and she only has a shadow of the hidden techs, mobility, and flexible playstyle that she had in 2.0. She can’t do anything that would realistically be a huge change to the game. A single rez wasn’t a bit thing in 1.0 - it’s still not a big thing in 2.0, no matter what people say. Her GA is slower now, she only has 4 of the original 10 or so techs anymore, and Valkyrie has turned from a sudden change in playstyle to a glorified spectator mode that can realistically only counter a solo pharah reliably.

She realistically doesn’t hold a candle to Ana or Moira now - not because they’re better necessarily, but because they don’t have as many glaring problems with their kit as Mercy does. She’s not good at healing - both Ana and Moira do that far better. She’s not good at damage - Ana and Moira, let alone Lucio and Zen do that far better. She’s not even that mobile anymore since they’ve slowed down GA quite a bit from the 2.0 release.

That’s why I don’t have fun with Mercy anymore.

Here’s a poll. It takes about different ideas for Mercy. Read it. Then make your own opinion instead of saying Mercy players can’t “accept their hero can’t Mass-Rez anymore” when you more than likely do not keep up with the intentions of Mercy.

Then you output even less healing than the other 2 main healers, in which case mercy would be a throw pick.

Mercy was a troll pick before she received the Invulnerability Buff! Also that’s kind of rude to say Mercy mains were boosted because, how is that true for all of them? Literally anyone can be boosted. Sorry to tell you.

Mercy is no longer engaging and has little to no impact on a match anymore.

1 Like

I mean I could point out how Mercy feels like she has no more impact on the game due to her lack of healing. Or the fact that the Mercy Threads are locked…hm… :thinking:

Lucio and Zen are off-healers—they’re not meant to be a pure, raw source of healing like Mercy is.

Ana is difficult in her own way (having to aim, knowing when to use her nade, etc.) and Moira has good group healing but it is limited.

1 Like

You’re incorrect! :blush:

Any ult is “just pressing Q”. Just saying and basically every ult isnt “fun”.

Here’s a poll! Enjoy the read! :blush:

Mercy Survey - Results

Yeah sure but remember how mercy got reworkes in the first place simply because mass rez was “unfun”? Cause really it wasnt op, and if they really just wanted to just balance it they wouldve added counterplay to the ult and not rework her entire kit

2 Likes

I mean, I admire those of you who can be bothered to spell this out again. Myself I just can’t. I’m just gonna pray for a new main healer that can take her spot so I can save Mercy for the times I just want to do my Pharah main a favor and pocket them the whole game (btw, congratz on making PharMercy even more obnoxious on console after the changes).

Hilariously, at this point it’s more efficient to go pure battle-mercy and not heal all that much. You get more ult charge faster by shooting, and while ulting, her pistol and free flight are more effective than the chain beams by far.

2 Likes

I find Valkyrie to be far more engaging, personally. But most of the Mercy complaints I’ve seen seem to treat the “fun” of old Mercy as some sort of objective fact, and not mere opinion.