Mercy main wishlist. Legacy beams!?

what if it went on a 30 cooldown honestly i’d be happy with that! it’s just that sometimes you don’t see what’s going on around the corner and suddenly 2 hit scans are staring you down

It’s like I said at the beginning though they aren’t all going to be applied together I’m just throwing out stuff I’d like to see and think has potential. For example I wouldn’t pair invuln post res with a cancel rez option. 1 or the other imo. And I wouldnt pair GA heal boost with valk tweaked numbers either.

1 Like

Oh doy! What was I thinking. thank you for pointing that out. I feel silly now.

Yeah, I can work with a lot of these then.

1 Like

I just want her healing to go back to 60HPS and a decrease from her movement penalty from 75% to 50% during rez. It should be removed entirely considering her being a very mobile hero and all, makes no sense to have something that contradicts her kit.

3 Likes

This sounds good to me, but I can already tell people won’t like the idea of back to back rez

1 Like

I 100% agree with the healing. 50 feels unnecessary. I have a thread explaining why

As we saw on the PTR recently a bug removed the slow entirely and it was sort of detrimental considering how easy it made to out-range your own rez. I think as a cast time the slow is helpful but at 75% it’s a burden.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t this kind of increase her skill ceiling tho?

very very slightly, but yes.

I guess but in a completely unnecessary way imo. I’d like to see them try out 50-60% slow instead.

1 Like

If I had it my way, I would just rework her rez so it is proactive rather than reactive but that is unrealistic thinking lol

2 Likes

An idea like that was brought up somewhere…
It works like this: Mercy places a “blessing” on a target and if they die within the next 2-4 seconds they are instantly revived. (replaces resurrect)

1 Like

Got a suggestion:
“Coalescence beams”, her ultimate have both healing and damage boost active simultaneously, allowing you to heal AND damage boost at the same time! (plus Mercy and Moira have this antithetic design, having her ult being an “anti-coalescence” would make tyhat parallel even funnier)

People have made a suggestion like this personally I don’t see it happening as long as chain beams exist. If its a single beam that heals more and damage boosts then maybe but even then it’s bordering on nano boost’s territory. I appreciate the suggestion though :smiley:

Thats the one! It would be so cool.

1-3 seem like decent QoL changes. 4-8 seem like huge unnecessary buffs.

as a handicapped player i’d totally love sensitivity options for shielding and not shielding as rein

Mercy’s visuals on her beam changed?

A while ago look at some old mercy gameplay to compare

Yeah I’m all in for it being cancelable but a lower cooldown could sadly drag Mercy meta back (something I think we all agree, even as mains of her, wasn’t too enjoyable)

Edit: if you combine the cancel with resource I can see some resource possibly being refunded if it’s under a certain threshold, though it would still have to be handled pretty carefully.

I don’t think Mercy being able to cancel her rez and putting it on a short cooldown manually will bring back Mercy meta…
She does not gain anything by cancelling it except

1. the chance to survive after re-assessing the situation and deeming it too risky. A lot can change in 2 seconds.
  2. possibly to switch targets (in which case shes letting another ally respawn making ressing even riskier) to res down the line.

Somehow that makes her meta?

She was meta in a time where ana did not have nano boost healing, lucios auras were smaller, his sound barrier was weaker, moira’s resource recharged slower and GOATS wasn’t as prevalent.