Mercy main: Mercy Nerf is "NO BIG DEAL!"

I was on the side, crying:-why Mercy got nerfed again-until I tried PTR

I have played 10 hours of nerfed Mercy on PTR. Mercy is still strong, and she can still keep teammates alive. And I can still get 2 ults ready in 3 minutes.

HOWEVER, it requires much better teammates to cooperate, and a much better game understanding to do that. Because simply after this nerf, Mercy canNOT DIE if you still wants to heal more. BTW, heal 4000hp in 2 minutes is still possible. I had a 5 minute match and healed 8k. Tho there’s a healing Nerf, Mercy’s solo heal potential still exists!

About her Rez, after this nerf, it will become more situational. Each rez will become more risky because the less you heal, the more precious your heal becomes. you will risk more to rez in a team fight because your teammates are more likely to die.

About her ult. It becomes more situational as well. The healing nerf makes her ult more inclined to damage boost, which is okay. I mean, in general, her ult has become more situational because it cannot out heal so much damages. It couldnt with 60hps either facing brust damage.

Last, I am a 150 hour Mercy Main
If Mercy got nerfed again, I am not surprised, but I will love the fact that this will be her last nerf!

5 Likes

Oooooo man are you in for some heat.

How dare you not bandwagon the mercy is dead/op mentality. You gotta pick a side mate, can’t be acting all rational here.

8 Likes

i also think it’s going to make rez more valuable. chances are teammates are going to die more often because of the reduced healing in the team. and which ability brings back teammates? rez.

idk dude from what i see in the mercy threads the general idea isn’t that mercy is going to die it’s that they’re fixing the wrong part of her kit. many people expected her rez/valk to be nerfed since that’s what people are complaining about. i’d even find those changes to be fair since i still think rez is too strong on a simple cd mechanic and im not really a fan of valk. people aint mad at mercy getting nerf, a lot are mad cause they’re nerfing the wrong part of her kit

1 Like

I am just saying a fact that Mercy is still playable. lots of mercy mains are saying " Mercy is dead"

1 Like

Nobody is complaining that she is gonna die, people are complaining because these nerfs are in the wrong direction.

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s going to affect her pick rates and the best Mercy’s won’t see much of a difference in healing, but as someone who has grown bored with Mercy since the rez/valk nerfs, this is the last nerf for me. Once I learn to effectively play Ana, I’m done with Mercy.

The rez will get a nerf soon, I think. this will solve the problem. Blizzard cannot do it at the same time or more Mercy mains will quit game

They did that every change even when she went from throw pick to you have one, you win

Also blizzard cannot give a rework to Mercy soon simply because she had one before, and like torb, bastion… other hero needs rework, too

personally id prefer if rez didnt get nerfed and just get removed as an ability and tie it to the her ult then rework valk :confused: her hps and ga were never a problem in prework and it was cd rez and valk that put her into the limelight of mustpicks

I feel like Blizzard cannot give up on her rez, and there will not be a rework soon enough to solve the problem. what blizzard doing here is to make her kit more situational without hugely changing her playing style

I personally feel like Rez doesn’t have a place in the game, it feels cheap to get a kill only for that kill to be reset. I do like Rez having a cast time tho and I think that was the best change they’ve done to Rez since the rework.

1 Like

0 characters required

Yes and these people are also people that think Mercy was fine before. She had the best healing that cannot be blocked unless by Ana’s nade. Along with her healing she has high mobility and the best utility in the game along with a really good ult. People miss the fact that she was too good overall and a major reason this nerf was made is that rez was mostly used for people that made a mistake now rez isn’t going to be a fix for that as much as it is right now. Mercy still has the best utility along with her high mobility and a good ult and her dmg boost still allows dragon grav to work. So if anything she is still as good as she was before.

im not saying to remove rez from the game but tie it to valk. since the rework ive hated cd rez because i thought it was too strong of an ability to be on a simple cd mechanic

I agree with this:

and at the same time, I feel like Blizzard wont give up on rez unless it’s a new rework

I do wonder why they buffed her from 50 in the first place. She was a great healer when she was healing 50hps before.

I agree with this. but it needs a rework which will not come soon

Going back would fix this, as it removes her utility.

Yeah, everyone knows this, hence why they say this nerf is in the wrong direction, because it won’t change a thing.

No she wasn’t, hence why they buffed her.